Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 duster by AMT.

sak

Thanks. Its so easy. I just stripped some speaker wire and removed strands until it looked like the right thickness then twist it back up, bend it to the shape you want then just glob some black paint on it to make it look like its wrapped in electrical tape. Where they terminate at bulkheads and other things..I only sliced square or round styrene rods, drilled a tiny hole thru it and slide the wire thru it. I do that before I paint it. The hooks are only just pop can aluminum cut thin, glued at one end to the firewall, then just bend it over the wires after

20140525_192947_zps0d5d3cb5.jpg

Added some surface rust to the manifolds. Fooling around, misted it with spray adhesive and then sprinkled some rust over it.

thats cool! altho I will admit my first thought was oh no someone dropped their part in the sand outside whilst the paint was still wet!! :o

20140612_204327_zpsff63ba20.jpg

Most peculiar thing. Applied dupont clearcoat over testors lacqour and almost suddenly strange blotches and blemishes appear randomly. Never seen this before. I guess the two are not compatible. Nobig deal. Will let it gas out completely and hit it with another color coat. But next time try dupli-color clear instead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...