Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mr. Norm's Super Charger

AZ Boy

I've owned quite a few P/L kits for awhile now, but this is my 'introduction' to actually building one. Along the way, I've learned about some of the pitfalls of these kits, but I'm pleased with the finished product. Please enjoy, and of course..questions and comments are welcome.

image_zpsb7e067c8.jpg

image_zpse161cbad.jpg

image_zps35acf29b.jpg

Dan, Chris S., Chris R., Steve, Jim, Larry & Daryl..thanks alot gentlemen! It means a lot coming from all of you.

Steve, good observation on the tank. I would've really rather had just put the Moon tanks in, but a recently posted pic of this car with the body-up on a FB funnycar group changed all of that.

image_zpsb630bb59.jpg

I just tried to approximate the dimensions.

Aaron,great job on the car!!! Fantastic paint!!!

I built mine a few tears ago when I was getting back in the hobby.

I love the old funnies.I am trying my hand at the Candies & Hughes now.

Very nice attention to the details.What did you use for the chute lines.Looks REAL!!!!

Steve, John & George - Thanks guys! Knowing well how respected you all are as builders, I really appreciate the compliments! George, the chute line was just some elastic cord I rescued from the trash. Not real accurate, but a reasonable representation of a bundled chute line.

Aaron