Model Cars Magazine Forum

Janis Joplin's Porsche 356C and Janis figure...

Brizio

Thank you! Interesting about Herbie! About VW engine swap... In the 70's-80's in Italy (probably in different country too) there was different VW T2 ambulance and later T3 that had a Porsche engine.

Yeah, that was the type IV engine used in 72 -82 transporters, the 411/412, and Porsche-VW 914.

Yeah, that was the type IV engine used in 72 -82 transporters, the 411/412, and Porsche-VW 914.

A friend of mine for his autocross race car used to search for old ambulances, because of the engine.

Nice job on the gas tank and the spare tire this is looking good.

Thank you! :)

Hi Brizio, the build is really looking good. The outlaw style I was thinking about is the photo below.....

Porsche356Outlaw_zps35f42a01.jpg

Smooth, no bumpers(in this case just nerf bars, no hub caps, written tyres and slightly lowered.

We had a number of beetles and my youngest son's was lowered, by tweaking the torsion bars on the back, and an adjustable beam on the front.

Edited by PatW

Thank you Patrick! Ok, now I get it the outlaw style, Beautiful 356 in the picture, but I think it looks better coupe than convertible, and I already cut the roof.

Here some small progress... I had a busy week... :D

Transmission

10169407_755276624507053_906084524793537

Start to work on the VW engine.

10155570_755276627840386_587043990645302

Following your post. I love the detail you are putting into this. Not posted anything yet since the car is a rebuild. Will post the car once it is all done. On the B, just a repaint and putting details. A lot of stuff is broken on it already and just have to make do with what is good. The Speedster on the other hand will be a fresh build and it should be fun. Keep up the good work. Right now, building all aircools at the moment. Karman Ghia and a 66 Beetle.

Nice details. I have some bench time today.. Working on my 91 blackstar . hope to get some spray on her today.

Nice! I hope too, but is raining...

Following your post. I love the detail you are putting into this. Not posted anything yet since the car is a rebuild. Will post the car once it is all done. On the B, just a repaint and putting details. A lot of stuff is broken on it already and just have to make do with what is good. The Speedster on the other hand will be a fresh build and it should be fun. Keep up the good work. Right now, building all aircools at the moment. Karman Ghia and a 66 Beetle.

I think you should post anyway, I ti always nice to see a restoration. :) Hopeful today I can find some time for work on the engine.