Model Cars Magazine Forum

Janis Joplin's Porsche 356C and Janis figure...

Brizio

Great work. As for the top, what I found to work best is the patches you can buy from almost any store like Target or Wallmart, that are used to repair rips in umbrellas and back packs. They are vinyl, thin and self adhesive.

This is what I use on my convertibles.

models2757.jpg

Hope the top comes out as good as the car!

I think I'm in love with that car :wub:

Late I post the pics of the softop. :) Thanks!

HOOOOORAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! totally awesome job BRIZ, you are the man to pull this off! great work my friend .Shaun.s

Thank you Shaun! :)

Great work. As for the top, what I found to work best is the patches you can buy from almost any store like Target or Wallmart, that are used to repair rips in umbrellas and back packs. They are vinyl, thin and self adhesive.

This is what I use on my convertibles.

Thank you Micheal for the tip, but I used some cloth that I already had at home. :)

Here the soft top folded, still need all the locks and handles.

10401920_784301031604612_389760611425225

The rear, I also put a glass in it.

10349213_784301034937945_844766486299962

I can propose it to Danbury, sending picture of mine when done.

It's unfortunate, but Danbury won't be doing any more vehicles. The very last design exercise was on the Hollingsworth 1957 Nomad. The owner of new replica gave them complete access to the car, and they got as far as producing one prototype. Rick Hanmore told me they gave it to the car's owner in the end. Sad since I really wanted one of those!

Have not been on here in awhile so I just saw this and have to say "You are my kind of artist" ! Shows great patience and creativity ! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Terry, I really enjoy do tis paint work, It went very smooth, and was a great opportunity to me to learn more about painting. :)

Stellar work! Epic. :)

Thank you Jonathan! :)

It's unfortunate, but Danbury won't be doing any more vehicles. The very last design exercise was on the Hollingsworth 1957 Nomad. The owner of new replica gave them complete access to the car, and they got as far as producing one prototype. Rick Hanmore told me they gave it to the car's owner in the end. Sad since I really wanted one of those!

I notice that, yesterday night I google Danbury, and cannot find any model car, I saw a bunch of dolls and other collectibles, but no cars, for a moment I thought I was on a wrong site. Agree with you, very sad, I always loved Danbury, glad I was able to collect a few. I hope it does not happen like AutArt and some out of production models, that they replicate in China and sold them, they pop up on ebay like crazy. :(

Spectacular! Every time I revisit it and look at it again, it seems like the first time. Exceptional build and very entertaining.

It is funny that you said that, but I was thinking the same. I don't like convertible Porsche, I prefer them Coupe, that's why I had the Coupe model kit. :D I'm also not a big fan of psychedelic paint job, but more I look a this and more I like it. I think Dave Richards made a great job painting the 1/1 car so, each side blend very well with the body of the car. Thank you Again Danno! :)

• 7 months later...

This is sweet,i would assume it is very hard to make so small figures look realistic,but i bet you will pull it off.

Thank you Tommy! Agree, I saw some super realistic figure in some military model show. I hope to be able to do something decent... :)