Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resin 67-70 Plymouth Valiant

I'd be pleased as punch if someone... anyone... did a Valiant of this era. There was someone on the board a while back that was doing a conversion to the Duel Valiant. I helped him with some reference photos, darn if I remember who, but he wasn't in the USA.

There is a resin kit of an Australian Valiant 4 door sedan of this era. I'd been hoping to get my hands on one of those to attempt a conversion back to it's US roots!

The Australian Valiant was a '62 MY . A clone of a Detroit Valiant . IIRC , with right hand drive being the only difference . I could look it up in 'Collect able Automobile' as Aussie MoPars was a Feature recently . Thanx ..

The Australian Valiant was a '62 MY . A clone of a Detroit Valiant . IIRC , with right hand drive being the only difference . I could look it up in 'Collect able Automobile' as Aussie MoPars was a Feature recently . Thanx ..

Take a look at http://www.valiant.org/ausval.html. You are correct that they started local production of Valiants in Australia in 1962, but they produced them all the way through 1980. In fact, Chrysler sold it's factory to Mitsubishi that year, so the last Valiants were technically produced by Mitsubishi!