Model Cars Magazine Forum

Some of my favorite Danbury Mint models part 1 (pics)

formula1129

Th Cadillacs, especially the '55 and the Buicks are simply amazing... I would go back and forth about making the investment on a few when the usual flyers would show up in the mail ( I only have the 300C convertible) and regret not getting the '55 and '48 (?) Buick. I seem to recall a '57 New Yorker as well, identical to a 1:1 a friend owned, down to the color. Time to look in the secondary market...

Edited by MJStyline

Has anyone purchased the DM '48 Ford in cream color? There are a TON of them on eBay, all originating from China. What's up with that?

DM models were manufactured in China.

The story is that the Chinese government seized DM's assets, including tooling. That's the story, at least... I can't confirm it. But if that is what actually happened, then it makes sense that "DM" models are now appearing on eBay from Chinese sellers.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone purchased the DM '48 Ford in cream color? There are a TON of them on eBay, all originating from China. What's up with that?

Ok, what am I missing here? I like the 48 Ford so I went to ebay and found only a few, none from China and all in the $200.00 range.

• 1 month later...