Model Cars Magazine Forum

So ya need a new lawn mower huh?

My lawnmower is goin' on 20 years and I think that I've got my money's worth out of it. Hopefully I can squeeze a couple more years out of it? I'd rather be guiding my lawnmower, than chasing the snow-thrower.

I was at my LHS the other day and it had been pouring rain all day. The parking lot was getting some huge puddles in it and I joked to the owner, "It looks like you should start racing RC boats out there and give up on the cars", I mentioned I was glad this wasn't snow as we would be buried again, I also said "Let it rain, it's just that much sooner the grass turns green, flowers start blooming and the trees get their leaves back". With that the guy behind me says "So you're looking forward to cutting the grass each week?" I replied, "I'll take cutting the grass on a nice day over freezing my butt off shoveling snow 3 times a week."

He didn't have a comeback for that. ;)

Edited by Psychographic

Funny you should mention R/C boats David, as 30 years ago I got "out of cars" for awhile and was following the Unlimited Hydroplanes and also the drag boats. I also was into R/C boating and belonged to a club called Summer Thunder. Boy did that "nitro" smell goooooooood.