Model Cars Magazine Forum

Slant six rail with trailer

realgone58

Thanks very much guys. If it were a Galaxie trailer, I still don't feel it would be contest worthy. Just a cool display model. Best way to get the entire box on this thing together is with lots of body shop tape. Just rig it up best you can and stick little pieces of tape everywhere, then either CA glue from the inside or flow a little MEK into the joints on the inside. You may even want to use some 5 min epoxy, just so you can work with it a bit. If it's not totally square at the bottom rear, it's ok, it will flex a bit and once it's on the frame, it should straighten out. I will take more pics when I hook it up to the wagon. Not sure when that will be though, hopefully soon. Have a few more things to finish up first. As far as the headers on my digger, those started life as two headers from the Lincoln engine kit in the Double T kit. Simply filed off one of the tubes, and inverted one through the other, lined up with the Slant perfectly!

Your interesting split exhaust system is very much in the vein of unusual, experimental things real builders would come up with way back when, too. Very nice work.

There was / is a guy in California named Doug Dutra who cast a split manifold for slant sixes. It kept one pipe in the stock position and the other one lined up right next to it. He included bending instructions for a exhaust shop to complete the dual exhaust. I always wanted one of those, but only was offered one right after I sold my Barracuda!