Model Cars Magazine Forum

MENG 1/24 Ford F350 Super Duty Crew Cab: Sneak Peek Pics!

Gregg

For the older subjects, I would think more of that sort will come from Moebius eventually if the upcoming Fords are successful. From Meng, a current Ram, the new F150, Ford Raptor, Silverado or Sierra would be nice to see if this truck is successful for them.

Ok, this is a great kit..but I don't want to build a Ford pickup. What will follow this kit? Can we hope for a Dodge- an early '70's vintage, a current Ram or a late '40's Power Wagon?

I don't think so from Meng. They aren't doing these kits for the US market, but for the rest of world, or just China. Note that new Fords are wildly popular in China right now. Yea, they love American cars... which is a good thing.

mustanginchina-vi.jpg

Crossing my fingers that their next offering will be a 1/24 scale civilian version Cat D9 Dozer from the tooling of their 1/35 scale military one. The Ford F350 wold look right at home along side as a crew boss truck. I hope my Fords will be here next week they have been marked as shipped from Easy Hobby.

Hopefully I got everything in the right place!

The tubing, hoses, and placement of all the turbo hoses, intercooler hoses, lines, etc. was a hit-and-miss affair.

Hopefully by the time I get the review done, we will have a detailed Up Close of the 6.4L Turbo Diesel PowerStroke motor.

This will help with the placement of all the hoses and such, and give you super-detailers out there something to do.

The decals for the engine parts are fantastic!

I swear, there is little or no clear coat outside of the color portion of the decals.

Everything went down perfect the first time.

Even the little reservoir caps fit right dead center, with no clear going over the side from the decals.

I love it!

Did I saw that already?

Some engine pics:

post-3-0-08433300-1397265325_thumb.jpg

The small coolant (?) tank on the side of the radiator was kind of hard to figure out how it was attached.

This pic out of the truck shows how it mounts up.

It also rests on the Intercooler hose tab, but that's evident when the radiator and intercooler are installed.

Follow the sequence numbering in the instructions.

Don't skip a step.

post-3-0-84708300-1397265463_thumb.jpg

I ended up mixing some Testor's Zinc Chromate and some flat white to get a sorta kinda maybe correct color for the big reservoir tank.

It's not perfect, but then, neither am I…

post-3-0-93001800-1397265466_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-45064000-1397265465_thumb.jpg

Crossing my fingers that their next offering will be a 1/24 scale civilian version Cat D9 Dozer from the tooling of their 1/35 scale military one. The Ford F350 wold look right at home along side as a crew boss truck. I hope my Fords will be here next week they have been marked as shipped from Easy Hobby.

Vince, maybe we should start a new MENG Ford F350 thread so everyone can post up their ideas for what can be done with this kit.

Sound like a plan?

Can't wait to see what you plan on building my friend1

Gregg , thanks for the info on the clearance lights and if anyone has suggestions to replicate them please post. This looks like a well made kit and the chrome looks nice just to bad it's so delicate. I see myself purchasing several and hope for other models off this platform as well as the other big three. Full disclosure I own a 2004 Dodge Cummins diesel and would love to replicate it, but i am also just happy to see new pickup models -hence purchasing several Fords in the near future. Your buildup is looking very nice- Thank You

Well, as I would say, it's pau!

I like it, a lot.

I will be ordering more, at least two more, maybe four?

I know Gilbert is getting three of them, maybe I can "borrow" one of his?

Enjoy the pics, and hopefully this will help you with your build.

It was a custom painted truck, and I took liberty on the color and painting of the body.

The instructions do a good job of giving you the correct factory painting colors/areas.

The hardest part was the turbo plumbing.

I used Alclad Polished Aluminum, and I think that works the best for the tubing.

Mahalo for following this.

I switched back to those off road Tamiya tires that I started with.

I left the side windows off, even though they do fit flush and I dare say perfectly.

post-3-0-82577400-1397292651_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-99265100-1397292655_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-95896300-1397292660_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-34326900-1397292665_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-92246400-1397292671_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-81421400-1397292677_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-40721000-1397292682_thumb.jpg

Looks very nice. Will be getting mine next week and was wondering if it would be easy to give it a small lift kit? I don't want to be "that guy", so please take this as constructive criticism...the part where the mirrors attach should also be black and not body color. You did such a great job on the rest...even painted the rubber window moldings...it would look even better with the mirror areas painted black too.

Looks very nice. Will be getting mine next week and was wondering if it would be easy to give it a small lift kit? I don't want to be "that guy", so please take this as constructive criticism...the part where the mirrors attach should also be black and not body color. You did such a great job on the rest...even painted the rubber window moldings...it would look even better with the mirror areas painted black too.

It was a quick build, focusing on the fit of the kit, the parts, etc.

I took liberties with the painting as I said before.

I also forgot to paint the muffler bearings, and I think I have the 750cfm Carburator the wrong color.

The piston return springs were not included, but they can be fabricated easily enough.

The turn signal fluid reservoir was not in the kit as well.

Get it?

It was a fun, quick build, to see how everything went together.

If Marcos did the build for us, it would be perfect, of course.

I had fun doing this, and I really enjoyed it.

Like I said, the turbo plumbing was the hardest part, but take your time with it, look at the pics here, and more on the main site soon, and that should help.

We will do more one-to-one Up Close photos for reference soon as well.

a hui ho!

(till next time/tomorrow)

It was a quick build, focusing on the fit of the kit, the parts, etc.

I took liberties with the painting as I said before.

I also forgot to paint the muffler bearings, and I think I have the 750cfm Carburator the wrong color.

The piston return springs were not included, but they can be fabricated easily enough.

The turn signal fluid reservoir was not in the kit as well.

Just a little heavy on the sarcasm? I thought that was not allowed.