Model Cars Magazine Forum

MENG 1/24 Ford F350 Super Duty Crew Cab: Sneak Peek Pics!

Gregg

I should have mine tomorrow, and if not , Monday, I can answer any questions about the kit

Dang man! Do you have a tunnel to Japan in your back yard or something? It seems like you always have your hands on the newest Japanese/Chinese kit right as they come out.

It was pointed out by James that the tires are OEM correct

I noticed that in your pix. Hankook tires would also have been correct for OEM.

From what I see, I only really see a couple of things that are off to my eye. One is the seats. They look a little "blocky" to me. The other is the tie rod. It looks more like a tie rod assembly from a '99-'07 GM 4x4 rather than a Super Duty Ford. Granted, I'm only going from the pix of the parts still on the tree. I'll be finding out soon enough, should have mine in a few weeks when Big 4 in Indy gets them in. Yeah, I know I mentioned in the other thread I most likely wasn't going to get one, but it's just too neat of a kit to pass on.

That's a great looking kit. I'm anxious to see how it goes together.

I saw the kit today at the car show and it looks great!!! The only thing I didn't like about the kit is that it is molded in black and will make it a little harder to paint orange......... B)

The only thing I didn't like about the kit is that it is molded in black and will make it a little harder to paint orange......... B)

I wouldn't think one molded in black would be any harder to paint orange then say, Barbie Doll Pink ?

:P

Edited by Ju Ju

It's ok they roam in a pack and tend to stay deep in the threads that are over 15 pages long. I think we should be able to hold our ground 'till morning.

LOL!!! Great analogy!

While the seats do indeed look to need some re-shaping, I think as far as pictures show, it looks really nice. Pricey, but nice. Aside from the already mentioned seats, which should be beaten to death by noon this afternoon, I think it's a great new entry into our hobby. Please folks, encourage this manufacturer! Don't split hairs over trim thickness or valve cover engraving. I'd love to see what off-beat topic is next!