Model Cars Magazine Forum

MENG 1/24 Ford F350 Super Duty Crew Cab: Sneak Peek Pics!

Gregg

• 1 month later...

OK so ive got a few questions sorta well one. How does the size of the Meng F350 Compare to the speccast diescast, and the Matchbox dually? I have the speccast but the matchbox dually i have not even seen anywhere but evilbay. I am looking to pick up the meng truck but just want some comparo pictures and info.PART_1416676501309_zpsdcf69689.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

They said, if I remember correctly that this was to be the first in a series of full size trucks???

If true has anybody heard if it was successful enough to continue the series, and what the next truck would be???

• 5 months later...

While working on this kit again, I noticed an error on the rear axle. Basically, the rear part of the differential housing (with the cover) is offset to one side, rather than centered like it should be. I was thinking that I had assembled it backwards, but then figured nothing else would line up correctly.

SAM_0180.jpg

%24_1.JPG

I'm not going to bother fixing it on this build, but I probably will on the next one.

I'm also about 95% positive that the plates that the u-bolts attach to are supposed to be on the leaf spring side, not under the axle.

Edit: after doing some research, it appears that the Dana 80 used in the 350 Dually trucks had the u-bolts loop over the springs, like in the kit. The Sterling 10.5" used in the 350 SRW trucks had the u-bolts loop around the axle. This means that either Meng simply used a F-350 DRW axle in their research, or there is a dually version in the works and they decided to share parts. Granted, with the few other errors, it could just be oversight.

Edited by Jordan White

, or there is a dually version in the works and they decided to share parts. Granted, with the few other errors, it could just be oversight.

The speculation is , there is , or was a dually in the works,  the big tell is the parts layout for the bed ,  all they would have to do is just tool up the dually fenders and just run those parts with the bed being on its own runner. 

• 2 weeks later...

The speculation is , there is , or was a dually in the works,  the big tell is the parts layout for the bed ,  all they would have to do is just tool up the dually fenders and just run those parts with the bed being on its own runner. 

Ok, I know I'm coming late to the party on this thread as it's 1.5 yrs old now, but I have some info for anyone interested. Not sure if Meng was or IS in the future going to release a Dually version, but if you're still interested in doing a Dually you can get the fender panels here http://www.scenesunltd.com/collections/all/dually-panels

I bought them back in October or so, Daniel is a great guy and his castings are smooth, thin, clean and flexible. My set had almost no flash, no pin holes and there was only a very slight "flare" to the top bed rail on the panels, nothing that's going to be noticed once glued to the inner fenders.

Here's a couple shots of my mock up. Please note there is no suspension underneath this at the moment, the rear axle is just sitting on the frame rails. The panels come in a nice whitish resin. I've already primed mine to match with the cab just to see how it would look.

Happy New Year guys.

David

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I just got this kit today and really like it a lot. Even with the glaring mistakes on the fender badge decal,exhaust system and rear axle. Another small issue I've noticed is that the rear lug on the floor pan for the running board is too tall. 

Meng also missed some details like the tailgate step, bed floor cross members and they could have gave us a ball mount for the receiver hitch. 

But working hood hinges and a pair of gas struts to display the hood open is a nice touch.

I really don't mind the steering and rims not being accurate. Mine will be converted to a dually.

Over all I think it was worth the money.

Edited by dshue76

• 2 months later...

Not currently in stock

The email I got shows it in stock and when I add it to my cart is asks if I want to continue shopping. I don't need another one (have three already thanks to you! :D ) but hopefully someone else does and can get one.

• 2 months later...