Model Cars Magazine Forum

Peterbilt Drag Truck vs. The Double Dozen KW Stingray

Terry,

I knew you were good. But those two models are just sick! ;-) Great imagination and creativity.

I wonder what you will use for a drive shaft on the side by side?? And the transmission????

Be Well

Gator

gator, Im basing this on several multi engine equipped vehicles from the 60s. The two motors will essentially be connected at the fly wheels with a chain inside of a transfer case going to a single Allison trans. The trans will be centered between the two, and then a drive shaft goes straight back. I believe Mickey Thompson built one of the vehicles Im using as reference.

gator, Im basing this on several multi engine equipped vehicles from the 60s. The two motors will essentially be connected at the fly wheels with a chain inside of a transfer case going to a single Allison trans. The trans will be centered between the two, and then a drive shaft goes straight back. I believe Mickey Thompson built one of the vehicles Im using as reference.

OH I understand where you got your ideas from! I grew up watching the likes of Tommy Ivo and mickey Thompson build and race multi engine dragsters and salt flat racers. I think they are cool.

That is like back in the day one of the motors of choice was the big Lincoln motor. "Son your going to drive me to drinkin. If ya don't stop drivin that hotrod Lincoln!".

I say go for it two engines three or even four. i like what you got going on here!

Be Well

Gator

OH I understand where you got your ideas from! I grew up watching the likes of Tommy Ivo and mickey Thompson build and race multi engine dragsters and salt flat racers. I think they are cool.

That is like back in the day one of the motors of choice was the big Lincoln motor. "Son your going to drive me to drinkin. If ya don't stop drivin that hotrod Lincoln!".

I say go for it two engines three or even four. i like what you got going on here!

Be Well

Gator

Thanks Gator. The next challenge after these two are completed, is building two rigs to haul them with. I may need JTs help designing some over the top race trailers. Im thinking about a Pete 351 with a high rise, and a needle nose KW with an aerodyne sleeper.

Too cool. Glad to see ya make a little progress.

Thanks Buddy

Glad to see this build back on the bench. It just keeps getting better!! Great work Terry and the tires and rims are real nice.

Thanks Dennis, I think I'm finally on the down slope with these

Your builds are so creative, keep up the fantastic work!!

Love the Daytona wing, it compliments the lines perfectly

Thanks Jeff. I'm glad the Daytona wing works, cause I had no other ideas!

• 2 weeks later...