Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model King '59 Imperial.

Custom Hearse

1 hour ago, alexis said:

How many of the optional parts listed for the SMP kit, have survived to the Model King (and now Round2) Imperial? Does it still offer both the Rear Deck and Continental Spares?

Here's a bottom-of-the-box plan view of the parts in silhouette:

s-l1600.jpg

On 3/13/2019 at 11:16 AM, alexis said:

Look in HPI Guy's video. He has a good close up shot that you can freeze frame.

Thanks man!

You know, the funny thing is there is a guy that may be on this very forum, goes by RetroJim real name James Catalano or James C on YouTube who berates me and cusses me out on EVERY single video (Round2 had to ban him from their FB for his swearing and odd sexual comments on posts) for showing all the parts and decals close up.  He goes off on long rants that I'm the worst human on the planet for showing all the parts included with every kit so that buyers know what is in them. Dude has issues.

Edited by hpiguy

1 hour ago, hpiguy said:

Thanks man!

You know, the funny thing is there is a guy that may be on this very forum, goes by RetroJim real name James Catalano or James C on YouTube who berates me and cusses me out on EVERY single video (Round2 had to ban him from their FB for his swearing and odd sexual comments on posts) for showing all the parts and decals close up.  He goes off on long rants that I'm the worst human on the planet for showing all the parts included with every kit so that buyers know what is in them. Dude has issues.

Well I thought your video was excellent!  Exactly what I wanted to see.   Thanks for doing those.

1 hour ago, randyc said:

Well I thought your video was excellent!  Exactly what I wanted to see.   Thanks for doing those.

Thanks man, yeah, it's a great kit and fun to work on too. 

It's hilarious what some folks will get mad about.

4 hours ago, MG Brown said:

I want to shout out a “thank you” to HPIGUY also for his product review and how to videos. I find them to be very helpful.

Ditto. I subscribe and watch most of them. Hpiguy's video reviews on models are the best out there. He's seems like a down to earth guy, with a sense of humor I can relate to. Chris, don't ever let the naysayers get you down. Your one of the good ones. 

I just dug out the RC2/Model King reissue I bought in the late 00's and was going to build as a mild custom, guess I need to finish it now....

IMG_20190322_022909_004.jpg.4823d806a935562bd2d565b5ef05eb42.jpg

HPIGUY was not joking in his video when he said it was nearly as big as the Ecto-1, may have to dig up my A-Team Van kit as reference and shoot a few pics:blink::lol:

• 1 month later...
On 2019-03-03 at 2:04 AM, Stef said:

59_chrysler_imperial_before_after.jpg.17013b0d33f15802923e9dddd1693eed.jpg

Could not resist.

> Smoothed out the fins

> Hogged-out the rear bumper

> Carved an oval .040 panel, sprayed it TS-30 silver leaf, brushed on two coats X-27 clear red

59_chrysler_imperial_before_after_06.jpg

On 3/15/2019 at 10:19 AM, hpiguy said:

Thanks man!

Maybe the same punk who has been bugging me on and off for about 15 years. I do know his real name, he also uses several aliases. Have seen him post on here using one of them. He uses strange sexual innuendo as well. Has accused me of several crimes as well as using shill bidders when I sell on ebay.  States that since I'm a "public figure" he can say whatever he wants about me and there is nothing I can do about it. Oh, he also claims to be an attorney LOL. Found his phone number and called him up to discuss his personal problems and he started shrieking at me like a little girl.

4 hours ago, Paul Hettick said:

Maybe the same punk who has been bugging me on and off for about 15 years. I do know his real name, he also uses several aliases. Have seen him post on here using one of them. He uses strange sexual innuendo as well. Has accused me of several crimes as well as using shill bidders when I sell on ebay.  States that since I'm a "public figure" he can say whatever he wants about me and there is nothing I can do about it. Oh, he also claims to be an attorney LOL. Found his phone number and called him up to discuss his personal problems and he started shrieking at me like a little girl.

Man, the world is full of losers and weirdos! <_<

Steve