Model Cars Magazine Forum

Some tires can make all the difference!

Lovefordgalaxie

I wasn't happy about my '57 Gunmetal Gray Ford.

Something wasn't the way I wanted it to be.

OK that I had a lowered front and rear suspension and a E-Code V8 under the hood, but the tires on the car, even not being radials, were kind of making her look odd like if I had gone too far from factory, and had ruined the car's looks (in my oppinion, of course).

SOOOO, I took the wheels and tires apart, took the spacers from the centers to revert them to stock, and installed some "proper" tires.

Now i'm happy.

Yes, I'm old fashioned.

Before:

12466470864_39e73531bd_c.jpg

After:

13703443884_a186d03de2_c.jpg

13703122523_4395336d23_c.jpg

13703115255_43ddf090dd_c.jpg

Something tells me you only eat one flavor of ice cream, only one kind of bread for your sandwich and one type of soft drink......life can be full of variety.......but seriously, you sure know how to build a clean '57 Ford.....whatever floats your boat....and yes the new tires look great on the car....personally I like more chrome and multiple pastel colors on a 1950's car, but for yours I could make an exception because they are so well done.

Thanks fellas!!!

I thought that by now you knew my favorite flavor of ice cream is factory stock :lol:

The Ford was like:

Custom - "Hey, you pain in the bottom, yes, I'm talking to you!! Unbutcher me in this instant!!!"

Me - "But you are not chopped or anything"

Custom - "I'm talking about those dam tires from the future you put on me!"

Me- "But they are bias ply"

Custom - "I want my 7,50 X 14 - 4 PLY tires, and with WIDE WHITES, because I'm a classy girl, and not those fat ugly things!!"

Me - "what about some replicas of the new Coker radial that looks like a Bias? You have a E code there"

Custom - "i'm gonna jump from this shelf, and I mean it"

Me - "OK, OK, you won"

The blackwalls make your car look TOUGH and maybe hard to drive..The whites make it look civilized and more or a cruizer...The whites will also draw more

attention to it...I personally like the blackwalls better..Very nice model either way and very cleanly done...

Thanks gentlemen!!

The other day, I was watching my Christine DVD, by the 15893547th time I think, and when that part when Christine starts burning the wide whites to get into the alley was what inspired me.

Nothing is so cool as smoking some wide whites. That and my absolute preference by keeping the cars all period correct was all I needed.

Also, I'm really faithful to the things I love, and I keep them according to the time they were built.

My Galaxie runs on four Firestone Wide Ovals F-70X15 with white lines (yes, bias ply). The engine breaths trough a Autolite 4100 four barrel, and inside the distributor cap you will find a set of points. There is no CD player, only a under dash tape player from 1974, the year the car was built, and it works great. Even the battery is the kind that requires water from time to time.

The blackwalls make your car look TOUGH and maybe hard to drive..The whites make it look civilized and more or a cruizer...The whites will also draw more

attention to it...I personally like the blackwalls better..Very nice model either way and very cleanly done...

I more-or-less agree.

Both ways look good for a reason. Blackwalls suggest a real budget-basement special, and that's very in keeping with a Ford Custom.

Whitewalls suggest someone on a budget who still likes something that looks nice, but has to watch the outgo.

Charlie Larkin