Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/24 Fisher 1970 Porsche 917 LH psychedelic body wip

wisco8

Excellent start. Love the graphics.

Thank you JC. The decals were a bit fun, the next one I do I will paint them on. Im going to apply a few more coats of Tamiya TS 13,wet sand a bit between coats and finish up with a light polishing. I hope the extra coats of TS13 will hide some of the decal flaws.

Steve.

Edited by wisco8

Nice paint and graphics.

Did you soak the body in something first to get rid of the mold release? What did you use for primer? and who's paint did you use.

Thank you Paul, I prewashed all the parts and body in a mild bleach and water mix with a small amount of dawn dish detergent. I used Floquil for primer and used Testors Cobalt blue followed by Tamiya TS13 gloss.

Steve

Nice start on a nice kit!

TS-13!?! You have that in your area? I haven't seen any in a few years.

Hi Bradly, Yes but here is the bad news the TS 13 totally distroyed the decals, I had to completely strip the kit down to bare resin this morning. It is now ready for paint and a new set of decals. The TS 13 works great, but do not shoot it over decals!!!!!!! Now I have to find a clear coat that will lay smooth over decals with out ruining them,and I dont want to use future floor shine. Im sure there is something out there.

Steve :)

Oh ######, sorry to hear! Have you emailed Paul to ask what clears work on his decals?

I used Testor's wet look clear on this '32, decaled, cleared, and then semi-gloss.

That is a very nice build and paint job Bradley, you did an excellent job on her. I only asked if he had replacement decals. I just purchased a set off ebay. This time I will do everything the same but will use Testors spray can enamel insted.