Model Cars Magazine Forum

Australian Peterbilts

Could it be possible that Peterbilt used the same nomenclature in Australia that it did in the US & Canada? I don't know. They're cool trucks, though!

Not sure. I'm guessing the cab overs were 352s and the conventionals were 351s. I just wanted to confirm. They look like interesting projects Witt the rerelease of the original amt 359. Cheers

Ben

that was cool. are petes popular in Australia? the reason I ask is its not often I see pictures of peterbilts from Australia. from some of the pictures I've seen it seems kenworths and internationals are more common. thanks for sharing.

that was cool. are petes popular in Australia? the reason I ask is its not often I see pictures of peterbilts from Australia. from some of the pictures I've seen it seems kenworths and internationals are more common. thanks for sharing.

There are not many peterbilts on the road in Australia. They were more popular than kenworth in the 1960s then kenworth overtook them. There's the odd peterbilt getting around but they are imported and converted to right hand drive.

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

Peterbilt and Kenworth were both marketed in Australia in the 1960's. Pacific Car And Foundry (which became PACCAR) only wanted one brand there and didn't want both Pbilt and Kw competing for the same sales - Kenworth became the export brand and Peterbilt stayed in north America.

Tim

Peterbilt and Kenworth were both marketed in Australia in the 1960's. Pacific Car And Foundry (which became PACCAR) only wanted one brand there and didn't want both Pbilt and Kw competing for the same sales - Kenworth became the export brand and Peterbilt stayed in north America.

Tim

Cheers. I love your site. Was I right about the 351 and 352 in Australia? I was only going from your pics.

Ben

Australian Native Landscape supplies and Freestones have a few Peterbilts out here and as mentioned there's been a few imported and converted. I also heard the black Peterbilt out of the movie "Black Dog" is also living in Australia now.

Type either Freestones Peterbilt or Australian Native Landscapes Peterbilt into Google images and it brings a few decent pics of them up.

The ANL petes were found in the states in paddocks and yards and brought here and converted . Freestones had a couple but i think they leaning towards western stars now . The last time i heard the black dog lived at narellen near camden NSW .

Theres more here on the road than you think , i drive around sydney all day and see alot now .