Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kenny Bernstein Bud King Tempo F/c

catpack68

this is one of my favorite funny cars of all time.i got to see kenny race this car at a IHRA and NHRA event in 1984. i got this from a fellow modeler about five years ago.he also gave me a mint set of kit decals to restore it.here is what it looked like when i started it.

P6260034.jpg

this is what it looked like after i stripped the body,glass and all of the chassis parts

P6270036.jpg

P6270037.jpg

Edited by racer X

i cleaned the wheels and added Powerslide goodyear tire decals to the front tires and Slixx goodyear tire decals to rear tires.

P6260035.jpg

here is the chassis all finished with wheels and tires mounted.the chassis was painted with testors metalizers and alclad paint.

P8030184.jpg

here is the body painted up.i hope to have it finished next week hopefully.

P8100185.jpg

P8100186.jpg

I have this kit and eventually one day I will do it,

now, the decals for sure are tosted. Were did you get the

decals to do the rebuilt, did your friend got them from a aftermarket

source or he just had them from a previous kit?

• 3 weeks later...

i finally finished this one.i cleared over the decals before i applied them so they would not crack or break apart.i built it box stock.i used testors high gloss clear.i like the old mongram drag kits from the 80's.i have a few more of the pro-stock and f/c kits i want to do later on down the road.thanks for looking

P9270009.jpg

P9270005.jpg

P9270006.jpg

That turned out great. I saw him run that one out here at the Spring Nationals. I actually took some pictures of it. I built one too, in fact I just restored mine for the Good guys display last year. Those decals can be a pain. I remember having to put two layers of them on to get it to look right.

Again, great job! Thanks for the update.