Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ideas for variations/conversions with the new MENG Ford F350 SuperDuty

The 1/24th Matchbox F350 regular cab definitely has a smooth roof with two parallel grooves. It's hard to find pics looking down on the roof of the 1:1s online...even in the eBay dealer ads with 50 pictures of a truck, there aren't any shots from above...

I'm not 100% sure the Matchbox diecast is correct, but it looks like this:

$_57.JPG

Edited by Rob Hall

From what Gilbert and I have seen, the single cabs have no ribs on the roof.

The indent/galley/groove is there, but no ribs.

From what you have seen on the real thing ? or on toys like above ? I don't want to waste a kit or waste rubber and time only to find it was done wrong?

The real thing.

email me and I can send pics of ones we found.

I'm not sure if Gilbert has any around also.

post-3-0-27543700-1398126101_thumb.jpg

What we also discovered, or deduced, was the side F350 emblem/plate are different colors for diesel or gas.

It looks like the diesel versions have a red wash, and gas engines have a black wash.

And how does Revell's announcement of the Raptor figure into the equation?

For me, since Revell is not smart enough to make the Raptor a full detail kit, I'm seeing a kit bash with the Meng F350. A diesel powered Raptor will make a fine sport truck for me, gas engines are for sissies!!! :D:D

For me, since Revell is not smart enough to make the Raptor a full detail kit, I'm seeing a kit bash with the Meng F350. A diesel powered Raptor will make a fine sport truck for me, gas engines are for sissies!!! :D:D

I'm thinking of doing a phantom Super Duty Raptor- cut the F-350 bed down to a short bed, radius and flare the fenders, and stick some big tires on it.

I'm really hoping someone will take this kit and build one of THESE

I have the cab cut down to a single cab. I was thinking of adding rooftop marker lights as separate parts. Would Interior parts be important or would you comfortable cutting down kit pieces.

Jada offers a 1/24/1/25th scale raptor in diecast. I just picked one up. Pretty nice piece. I haven't taken it out of the package to check it out closer yet though.

IMG_20140420_1123131_zps103a6432.jpg

I've got a lot of ideas for this kit. Just being presented for ideas, not all are the right year, some are F250s, some F550s but all could use the kit to build something similar.

Utility truck

UT343_zps41a23be1.jpg

Hand crew truck

MontanaDNRC_zps0b2db10e.jpg

Dive Rescue

DiveRescue_zps6ffa0462.jpg

Crew truck

CCC_zps9423a506.jpg

Brush engine

NPST6_zpsdaefeb2e.jpg

Edited by Aaronw