Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stockton CA NNL (of sorts) TOMORROW Apr 13, 2014

jbwelda

Apr 13 2014, that's tomorrow, Stockton CA San Joaquin County Fairgrounds, big model show and semi-contest in conjunction with the Stockton car show and swap meet. Inside covered building with some crowd control provided by various individuals so models are fairly protected from wayward hands. Generally a number of vendors show up with kits and aftermarket stuff plus you never know what you will find at the automotive swap meet right outside, last year I bought an incomplete Exterminator 1/8 scale dragster for 10$!

Usually around 5$ to get in the gate, no charge to enter models, some awards awarded and generally a good time! Bring your models to show, and if you have kids who build have them bring theirs as well because there is always an emphasis on the kids having a good time and taking home something for their next build!

Don't really know the gate hours but I think the swap meet starts pretty early; bringing models around to the building it is held in around 10am sound reasonable, perhaps earlier. Judging generally takes place around noon or 1pm. Sorry I don't really know details; I am not involved in the organization of the show that would be Bob Karoll. (and I am sure I spelled his name wrong...sorry Bob!

Hope to see you all there!

jb