Model Cars Magazine Forum

I had a 1:1 Land Rover Discovery, a 2004 the last year for the US Disco. I would not buy a model kit of that vehicle. In the rest of the world the Disco was a utility vehicle, in the US they fitted the majority with leather seats, sun roofs and automatic trannys. They also all had gasoline burning (14mpg for me) engines, while a TDI diesel is available in other countries. I liked mine ok but it was a money pit. I would build a 1:24 or 1:25 scale of a Land Rover Defender 110 though. I always wanted one of those and I used one while at Desert Storm, a civilian rental.

Maybe that's why I have a new Jeep Wrangler 4-door, closest I could get to a Defender.

The Maserati looks cool but not something I would ever build.

I made a couple of suggestions some time ago for Lotus Carlton and Saab 9000 Turbo.

Take care not to duplicate ideas. The page design is not the best and you can easily oversee suggestions made by others. It happened to me twice. We, the cars guys, are too few compared to fans of other topics so we should not diffuse our votes.

Edited by khier

I added these a couple of days ago.

1970 Dodge Charger R/T

Mercedes Benz 300SEL 6,3 (w109)

1954 Cadillac Coupe de Ville.

I try to go on the site everyday and vote for my favorites,and no i cant vote on my own suggestions.

Unbelievable!! almost no response for '57-59 Rancheros, and '57 Ranch & Del Rio wagons. Now I understand how BMW can sell its Z4.

Well how iconic are some car based "pickup trucks" and wagons to people in Germany and the greater EU as a whole?

I doubt somewhat outside the mainstream European cars wouldn't get much attention on a Revell US poll no matter how good an idea the people in Europe think they are...

Unbelievable!! almost no response for '57-59 Rancheros, and '57 Ranch & Del Rio wagons. Now I understand how BMW can sell its Z4.

The site is through Revell AG, not Revell-Monogram, how many American models have Revell AG produced without them being re-boxed version of a kit produced by Revell-Monogram, I think you'll find it to be "0", there is really no point what so ever putting American made vehicles on there, sure they might get voted on, and unless they get passed onto Revell-Monogram Revell AG will not produce them.

The site is through Revell AG, not Revell-Monogram, how many American models have Revell AG produced without them being re-boxed version of a kit produced by Revell-Monogram, I think you'll find it to be "0", there is really no point what so ever putting American made vehicles on there, sure they might get voted on, and unless they get passed onto Revell-Monogram Revell AG will not produce them.

Well, the iconic Jaguar MK-X got 2 votes, Rolls-Royce Camargue 5 and Mercedes-Benz S-Class W-126 3 votes in one day. Although these are cars that never been kitted in 1/24 scale before, they are behind the mentioned '57 Fords and '50 Studebaker. A Mercedes 280-SL and Citroen DS got 240 and 93 votes only after six or seven weeks. You see, it is not a matter of US vs. European cars, it is a matter of different taste than ours, or mine at least.

Edited by khier

I agree, but what's more important is, who's voting, a cross section of model kit buyers/builders, or only the lunatic fringe?

I thought we, those who build model cars I mean, belong to a lunatic fringe :D

Well, I guess we will never know what kind of people are participating in the voting. These is the way survies are.

The variety of subjects is almost overwhelming. There are ideas there that you know will never be kitted but it is nice to know that there are others who share some of my own unusual tastes in models. I voted for so many that if even a quarter of my voted for models were actually to be produced I'd still be building from the list well into my grave.

rob

• 2 weeks later...

These are loooooong overdue!!

slide_1.jpg

slide_1.jpg

They would definitely be great sellers!

I am currently almost done with the body for the P1800s.

Although it is a custom of sorts, it would be easy enough to build like the one above. Search it in the On the Workbench section. :)

I am currently almost done with the body for the P1800s.

Although it is a custom of sorts, it would be easy enough to build like the one above. Search it in the On the Workbench section. :)

Wow! That's some NICE work! I do have a resin of the P1800 (Airtrax) but haven't had the guts to tackle it yet. Of course, I want to do full detail when I get around to it. I have to think that one through thoroughly------it was an EXPEN$IVE kit, and I don't want to botch it up! :o

It seems that this should be a no brainer for a European subject............P1800's are highly desirable (I wish I'd kept the '65 I had), and a full detail kit I think would sell well, particularly among adult builders here in the states and especially in Europe.