Model Cars Magazine Forum

custom '50 chevy pickup

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I pulled this back out to do a write-up on how to make a good clean fitment in tight quarters. 

This process can be used for grafting roofs onto bodies, tail/headlight housings, grills, bumpers, the list goes on.  This can also be used to make custom body panels like skirts, flares, spoilers, etc.

I hope someone finds this helpful!

jeez...this makes soooo much sense!  Wish I had seen this 6 months ago!

Congratulations on sticking with this extremely complex project.These projects can indeed be overwhelming and frustrating to the point we can be tempted to box them up and relegate them to storage.I personally have invested a year or more building customs and know how challenging that can be.Thanks for sharing your experience and solutions.

Thanks, Tom, for the kind words.  I have since put this back on hold.  I went M.A.D.D. (Modeller's Attention Deficit Disorder) and decided to change things up a bit and build some aircraft for a change of scenery.  

I had to do a bunch of repairs to the body and doors due to shrinks and cracks in the body work.  It's back in primer and looking good, but really no notable progress on this one, unfortunately.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, there goes all my progress photos on this one.  Thanks photoF**Ket.  I am not going to pay for photo hosting.  I guess I will just start another progress thread...maybe, if I feel like doing all the down and up loading of images.  Since they are all on Photobucket 

What a hassle.