Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revelloution Demon

brett

Thanks Gene, scored another, so will clear those and see how they look. if they look better I'll remove the ones on this car and replace them. If they dont I'll go aftermarket, though with a bunch of 1:1 repair bills at the moment that will be a little while off.

Brett: this is fantastic. I wish I'd had this for my Kalitta/HOT ROD Mustang funny car build as it sits up way too high in the rear. However, I'm leaving well enough alone this time. I did pick up what appears to be a 1:25 Duster/Demon Revellution off Ebay. It's intact in bags, but no decals. The instructions are copied from the original with no front sheet so I don't really know what I have for sure. I do know that it has small plastic humps or air ducts that glue to the top of the forward front fenders so I figure it might be the Revellution or perhaps an early entry by Monogram into the f/c model competition. In any case, I'll be using these tips, along with sorting through the many slicks I have to create a better build. Thanks!

Mitch, Brett is right, that model will be The 'Goose's Duster, none of Ed's Revellution cars had the front wheel bubbles.Now here's little "nit-pickin' " Brett, we know each other so I know you will take it as it's meant.Revell made 4 models of Ed's Revellution cars, 2 in 1/16, the '71 Whipple & McCulloch Dodge Demon (Blue car) & the one you are building the '73 English Leather Revellution, & 2 in 1/25th, the '72 Blue car, with just Ed's name (as Art Whipple went to his father-in-laws shop & did the Whipple & Mr. Ed Plymouth Satellite), & the '74 Purple English Leather car (released in the "Tin" box), now heres the "nit-pickin' " I was talking about, just the 2 Blue cars were Dodge Demons, Dodge stopped production of the Demon after '72, they went back to the Dart name (I heard that religous groups didn't like the "Demon" name), so the Red & Purple English Leather cars are Dodge Dart Sports (the tail lights tell the story). Also, for anyone who gets a copy of the 1/16th Whipple & McCulloch car & wonder if it's a original or a rerelease, the slicks tell the story here, a original copy will have Firestone Drag 500 slicks, a rerelease will have GoodYear slicks.