Model Cars Magazine Forum

Vintage Teardrop Trailer Dio

gasser59

Thanks for the info Greg.

Been working on the base but first I had to source a turntable so i knew what size to cut the plywood. Got the last of the trees made too. Added a small incline on the back edge of the base and got it all covered with Plaster Cloth last night. I'll get some pictures up tonight.

Charlie,

Mark your calendar and start your travel fund. DSC11 will be the second Saturday of April next year (April 11, 2015). B)

Now we just have to hope NNL East doesn't move their little event up a week! :P

Edited by Danno

Charlie,

Mark your calendar and start your travel fund. DSC11 will be the second Saturday of April next year (April 11, 2015). B)

Now we just have to hope NNL East doesn't move their little event up a week! :P

Already set for April 18, I believe, Dan.

Keep it there and I'll come out to visit as frequently as my funds and time will allow me to.

Charlie Larkin

• 4 weeks later...

Ok Charlie, no excuses. We expect you at DSC 11 on the 11th.

I haven't been able to get back to this dio. We're expecting house guests for a week and a half and have been spending most of my time around the house and acre of yard. It never seems to end.

Ok Charlie, no excuses. We expect you at DSC 11 on the 11th.

I haven't been able to get back to this dio. We're expecting house guests for a week and a half and have been spending most of my time around the house and acre of yard. It never seems to end.

As long as I have the funds available to go, I will be there. Can't wait, and I'm looking forward to seeing some first-rate builds and the incredible scenery the southwest is famous for. I've wanted to go since my dad worked in New Mexico and brought back the pictures as proof.

The only question I have is where is the show roughly? I have this map because I also intend to try to visit a lodge while I'm out there. http://www.azmasons.org/locator/lodge_results_list.php?state=AZ&country=US&showonly=US&city=Phoenix&pageno=1

Charlie Larkin

Edited by charlie8575

That's awesome Charlie. Be great to meet up with you.

On your map, its going to be held just about at the 'N' in N 35th Ave just a mile west of the Black Canyon Freeway in the upper left quadrant of the map so you'll not be too far from numbers 2 and 5. You might also try a search for the city of Glendale as well. As we get closer, we can also point you in the direction of close hotels and such.

Edited by gasser59

• 2 weeks later...

Now back to our regularly scheduled program....finally a bit of progress. I sourced some Static Grass locally and was able to get the trees covered as well as the base. The ground cover is a few different colors along with a bit of the Static Grass. Once this was done, I went to take some pictures and it appears my camera battery won't hold a charge. Guess its time for a new one as I must have worn that one out. :-)

Here's a few pictures from my phone which doesn't allow any details or close ups.

Base1_zpseea18b90.jpg

Trees1_zps8521fd52.jpg

I still want to add a bit more variety to the colors on the base before mounting the teardrop, the trees and everything else.

Edited by gasser59