Model Cars Magazine Forum

Vintage Teardrop Trailer Dio

gasser59

COOL!  Since we bought this somewhat extravagant two acre property with a big house and decent sized shop on the back edge we feel like the Beverly Hillbillies.  The street we live on is known here as millionaire row.  My wife and I still both work jobs.  She's the one making the big money.  She is in charge of federal stuff for a small school district way over by Dale Mickley now.

Edited by Greg Wann

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Well, this dio has re-emerged. I donated this build to my flyfishing club for their annual raffle and a friend won it. His nephew was completely enamored with it so he gave it to him. After a time, his child got a hold of it and really did some damage. I have it back in my possession to repair it in order to take it to GSL next month. I'll post some pictures of it in its current state in a few minutes.

Edited by gasser59

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back late last night from my first GSL and unfortunately, it is the last one. I entered this project in the Diorama class and am so ecstatic it took top honors. I am completely floored. The number of entries and quality of builds was astounding. So glad I got this back in my possession to get it repaired.  Here's picture of it on the contest table and a picture of the slide.  I'm still in disbelief!

TeardropCU@GSL.jpg

TeardropSlide@GSL.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...