Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16th Scale Front Engine Dragster

Mooneyzs

Hello All.... Many of you may or may not know about the 1/16th Scale Funny Car I have been building for quite a while. Well I needed a small little break from it and I decided to Pull out this 1/16th Scale Font Engine Dragster that I had started 17 years ago and painted it 3 years ago right before I started my 1/16th Funny Car. Keep in mind that the Chassis was painted way back then all of the engine detail was done back then too. All I really had to do was assemble the rest of the car and call it good. in the past few weeks I was determined to get it done for a show this past weekend and some of the things to finish were..... build the Photo -Etch wire wheel set, get the rear tired mounted and polished, Make the parachute, Color Sand and Polish the body out as well as I re-did the radius rods on the front end because I wasn't happy with how they kit one looked on it because they were all bowed out.

I am proud of this build because I haven't finished a model in 3 years due to focusing on my funny car. Now I know this model isn't perfect by any means but happy with it. Anyway here are some pics of it to share with you......

If you would like to see the progress of the build and what it started out over 3 years ago you can click this link:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27986&st=0&p=267725

PlasticModels6451-vi.jpg

PlasticModels6151-vi.jpg

PlasticModels6111-vi.jpg

PlasticModels6061-vi.jpg

PlasticModels6281-vi.jpg

Edited by Mooneyzs
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...