Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Acura Integra Type-R..."Too Low"

krazyglu

This is a rebuild of a car model I built in high school, Revell's Acura Integra Type R. I worked on this for about three month's and I am happy with the finished product. First I know this type of car is not most model builder's cup of tea ,but I build what I like just as other's and that is what make's the world go round. On the body I wanted a clean simple look so I shaved the emblem's front and rear. I also did away with the horrible molded in wipers, the rear wiper hole was filled with a piece of plastic rod. I also did away with the spoiler and filled the holes. I had the local paint shop mix up Honda Tango Red Pearl which I decanted and shot with my air brush. Nason 2 part clear was used for my clear coat. The engine bay was cut out and replaced with styrene, 5 min epoxy and 2 part filler for the shaved and smoothed look. I also smoothed the firewall and filled the huge hole's where the hood hinges go. I made motor mount's out of brass and plastic rod, and all other nut's/bolt's were made of plastic rod and hex. The hood latch was made of cut up photo etch pieces and painted. Intake manifold, air intake and rad/fan were all modified or made of plastic stock. The wheel's are resin BBS mesh wheel's modified and painted Alclad and Tamiya acrylic's. The seat's are resin Recaro's and the belt's are detail master. I made the harness bar and c piller bar out of plastic rod. The interior is painted dark tan, custom beige/tan mix and leather. I am forgeting all kind's of info ,but if you have any question's ask. Thanks for looking

Picture107_zps9a8b55d4.jpg

Picture117_zps64d7ccdf.jpg

Picture112_zps5bd2b1b2.jpg

Picture113_zps29fc832b.jpg

Picture094_zps524a2202.jpg

Edited by krazyglu

I may not be a huge fan of this type car(I have built a couple though),but I gotta tell you this thing is a real beauty I'd love to see a close up of the interior. The one Acura I have left was done in grey primer but after this I may break out the nail polish.

Nice build. Tuners, if that is what you want to call them are usually not my cup of tea. I do have this kit though and want to build it as a change of pace. Hope mine comes as nice as yours did. I like the clean look it has and all the extra work you did has paid off.

Edited by Kris Morgan

Steven, you've done a wonderful job on this car. Don't worry 'bout anyone not liking your build style. As I like to say "haters gon hate". Besides, nothing wrong with stock or lifted but, we like 'em low in KY, right? B)

Edited by Skydime

Wow thanks everyone for the great comment's, it's alway's nice to have your work complimented. Ken we do indeed like them layin frame here in Kaintuckee. Here are a few more pictures for you guy's. One of the aluminum exhaust tip and plate, another with the hood on and one of the engine bay in the early stages. Thanks again everyone.

Picture080_zps56f51d31.jpg

Picture104_zpsa2ba796a.jpg

Picture963_zps4579bace.jpg