Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show Your T's

• 3 weeks later...

I am thrilled to have this opportunity to share  T's here .

1)  One of the few Rods / Customs / One Off Builds I have ;

T Coupe . Top chopped and filled . Freshly painted with 32 Coats of '57 Buick Apricot (MCW Paint) . '36 Cord Ivory Pinstriping . Hopped up Flattie : Dual Carbs , High Compression Heads is all can be seen . MC Fenders from  HD . Baffled Exhaust to meet Legal requirements as the Fenders , dual Taillights and Horn on the Chassis .  La Salle Transmission . '39 Ford Juice Brakes . Yes , it has A Windshield Wiper . Notice the lack of Crommed parts . It is a Rod . A WIP , changes made as funds are available . The overspray remains as Monday happened and Work attendance is required . 

IMGP0181.JPG

IMGP0184.JPG

IMGP0182.JPG

IMGP0183.JPG

Some way-cool stuff here! B)

I own more than a dozen T kits of all kinds--AMT, MPC, Monogram, Revell, even Lindberg--but this is the only one I've ever actually finished. It's the AMT "Sand T" I built as a kid, and dug out the sad remains of what was left of it about 4 years ago and restored/rebuilt it. Body paint and most of the engine (and its sewing-thread wiring!) are 50 year old original, but the chassis got completely rebuilt and repainted. 

Come to think of it, I probably own closer to TWO dozen T kits than one. Time to drag some out and build them! B)

AMT23T40.jpg.eebc943f3590f28d71e17071f86f7566.jpg

AMT23T46.jpg.f8d2c880c3b3477ca93ad6bc3a2cf993.jpg

Edited by Snake45

'26 Ford Tudor is a bash of AMT '27 Kit and Bettura's '27 Sedan . The details I recalled from relative's descriptions abut Grandfather's '26 Tudor he purchased new in 1926 . Green and Brown were offered on closed Bodies that year . The era of "any  color you want as long as it is in the shade of black" .   Thanx .. 

'26 T Tudor R.jpg

1926 T Tudor F.jpg