Model Cars Magazine Forum

All the "Who Ha" about the Mustang 50 years Why not this ?

Predictably, a high-detail model of an obscure subject isn’t exactly inexpensive. Standard-issue copies of Automodello’s 1:43 1962 Ford Mustang I carry a MSRP of $119.95, and production will be limited to 995 copies. Those seeking something more collectible can pony up an extra $75 for one of the 95 Tribute Edition copies, which are hand-signed by Dan Gurney, who happened to drive the Mustang I at its debut at the 1962 Watkins Glen Grand Prix. Either way, Automodello’s Mustang I is a welcome addition to the plethora of scale Ford Mustang models already on the market.

Read more: http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/1312-1962-ford-mustang-i-concept-automodello-scale-model-review/#ixzz2zAJGTfNw

Yep :o

Little bit of trivia... maybe someone can elaborate. There was an era when Ford went on a housekeeping binge and ordered all the old concept cars destroyed. Someone internal wanted to save the Mustang I so they hid it in plain sight.. made it a front lobby display. And it survived!

Little bit of trivia... maybe someone can elaborate. There was an era when Ford went on a housekeeping binge and ordered all the old concept cars destroyed. Someone internal wanted to save the Mustang I so they hid it in plain sight.. made it a front lobby display. And it survived!

You mean George Barris didn't build it?!

I too think that IMC made a model of the original Mustang (powered by a Ford of Cologne built V-4 engine). I remember seeing several MIB kits when I visited my buddy's collection room. But then again I've been known to spray lacquers without a respirator so I could be wrong :lol:

Edited by mikevillena

I too think that IMC made a model of the original Mustang (powered by a Ford of Cologne built V-4 engine). I remember seeing several MIB kits when I visited my buddy's collection room. But then again I've been known to spray lacquers without a respirator so I could be wrong :lol:

Guys....sorry to disappoint you on this, but IMC never made a 1/25th scale model of the original V4 powered mid-engine concept car. One of their very first kits, however, was the Mustang II concept car as pictured in Greg's post above.

Best regards...TIM