Model Cars Magazine Forum

I am liking those wheels and tires, have to look into getting some.

I sure wish Moebius decides to take on the 73-79 F series trucks soon, they have them half developed already!

Just looking at that side shot and the long wheelbase makes me cringe.

• 1 month later...

Brought this one back out. I raised the windshield opening. I also picked up a set of Goodyear MTR's and method wheels from fireball modelworks. These things are beautiful. Highly recommended. I need to machine some braked drums so that I can get the tires spaced out farther. Here is how it sits. 

76D232F0-D2D8-4F17-AD8C-3FE35ECF66A0_zps

CEC7ED0E-E041-4936-BCB7-FA944475685C_zps

0E150575-A552-4788-9BE6-FFB1491F9DFA_zps

3D4C1DDD-CC8B-408A-BB7A-08D5D735FCFE_zps

Nice looking truck. I too just got a set of KMC wheels and the Goodyear tires from Fireball as well. And yes, they are things of beauty.  Will be watching for updates.

David

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I was staring at the interior tub forever trying to figure out how to mask the door panels. I decided to cut the side off for ease of masking. Glued it back together and added seat belts...interior done. Also found the time and ambition to clear the body parts. 

IMG_0765.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Back at it again!!  Was able to wet sand and buff a couple of dust nibs out of the clear and get it all bmf'd up. Also machined a brake booster but couldn't get the pic to load so will show that later. Here is how it looks

IMG_1276.JPG