Model Cars Magazine Forum

"best Resin Is Not Best, But Worst!

Mark at "Best Resin" has re-started his old website, and looks to be accepting orders again, after being shut down for well over a year. Yet, he has not filled orders placed two years ago, and has accepted payment for them. I normally try to find the good or positive in everything and/or everyone, but in this instance, I can not. I sincerely hope that all members read my detailed reply concerning dealings with this business in the "General" topic under the title "Best Resin", dated 12/28/2007. I suppose I should consider myself lucky in that I have never been the victim of theft and deception when dealing with any business in our hobby...until dealing with this man at "Best Resin" almost two years ago. He is still promising to fill my order, AND refunding my money. All of this was said within the last 30 days, as well as over one year ago. Please read my warning. If you do place an order, I hope the outcome is brighter than what I have experienced. :unsure: Fury3

Edited by fury3

didnt someone from best resin pass away recently? or have i been sniffin to many resin fumes?

Yes, November 1, 2007. Mark re-opened the website for business after that. Even after waiting for close to two years for my order, I did send an e-mail with my condolences. Mark sent those latest e-mails promising to fill my order and refund my money after that. In all due modesty, I do feel I have been extreamly patient and understanding with this man...too much so. Especially since he did process my check immediately after receiving it in March of 2006. :) Fury3

Unacceptable. Period. When you're two years behind in filling orders, an honorable man would fill them all before making further sales, and cashing more checks. Long before two years. Two months is common, borderline but common. Two years is just plain theft.

Edited by Ayatollah

I am also having trouble with Mark. Although I only placed an order on Dec. 10th. I have e-mailed him a couple of times already with no response. Its a shame some of these people are given a bad name to the resin aftermarket suppliers. I have had difficulty with AFX, Perry's and now Best Resin. Patients is not the issue, its communication, if someone cant follow up on thier promises then let someone know. I have had wonderfull experiances with Modelhaus, Reliable Resin, SEL, Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland, and many others, and will continue to do business with them.

Sorry about the rant, Mike

I'm sorry to hear about all their issues. They have some parts that I really want but I don't need the frustration!

*********Hi, Mark has been telling me for over two years he is sending me parts in payment for loaning some org. parts for making casting from. Well, I never got my org. parts back or the resin parts. First lesson: Do not loan resin casters parts, you will never see them! Lesson two is an old one: screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame one me. Steve Doing

i'll add my gripe in as well...I ordered almost 2 years ago myself, and sure enough no parts..I got emails and promises but nada. I heard they were up and running again and sent Mark and email a month or so ago and he said he'd have em out to me within a week with confirmation(even said he'd change the order for some different parts since I no longer needed what I originally ordered) 4 nice emails and one nasty email later..still nothing. Which sucks because they really have some cool stuff, and really nice prices.

Gray

Edited by stryfe101

Small aftermarket operations like this rely heavily on reputation. Modelhaus, for example, has a flawless reputation, because they've earned it by operating in a very professional manner.

I've never dealt with this caster, but from what I've read here it sounds like this place is more interested in taking your money rather than filling your orders. Word gets around. The more people that read this post, the better for everyone...except Best Resin! But that's as it should be. There's no excuse for keeping paid customers waiting for 2 years...and taking new orders before the old ones are filled!

I met Mark One time at a contest in Kansas City and he was one of the nicest guys I have ever ment . He did in the last couple years have some Health issues and as of 12-30.07 those issues caught up with him and he passed away on that day. I received an email from his wife the 4th of this month stated that.

Todd

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about your bad dealings with best resin. If you want, check out my site to see my resin castings. I process and send out orders the same day, and the quality is great. I make everytyhing from old school race bodies to new IMCA bodies and kits, I also have a bunch of other odds and ends too. My site's been up for a year now and haven't had any complaints about the products. The site is www.tjscustomcastings.com.

I am new to this board and look forward to seeing some of you out at the model shows and helping out any way I can. Take care everyone!

Tom

TJ's Custom Castings

www.tjscustomcastings.com

• 2 weeks later...

With the reply that the Mark's (the owner of Best Resin) wife had e-mailed that Mark had passed away in late December, it is common sense to all members here to NOT place any orders on the "Best Resin" website. (Why has she, or someone not contacted the many others that have had their money processed, or answered any of the many current and old inquiries?) It has been over 30 days since his reported "passing" and yet the site remains fully operational and is still accepting orders, and even more importantly, processing funds! Funds that so far will not be refunded or be processed in exchange for the items ordered. (If my almost 2 year experience holds any merit.) The reason I'm posting this is, fellow hobbiests on other forums (and off of the forums) have continued to place orders from this website, with the same results. This is outright deception and theft. I do understand a reasonable time of grieving for the deceased, and time to "get things in order"but the site should be deactivated by now. I would ask that all members please spread the word about this company and it's operational website to other hobbiests that may have not been informed of this unfortunate situation. Yes, I am bitter, and have no use for theft or the people involved that practice it. Now that 30 days have passed, and they are accepting orders, processing funds, and still not replying to e-mails and inquiries, that is exactly what it is! :angry: Fury3

Edited by fury3

With the reply that the Mark's (the owner of Best Resin) wife had e-mailed that Mark had passed away in late December, it is common sense to all members here to NOT place any orders on the "Best Resin" website. (Why has she, or someone not contacted the many others that have had their money processed, or answered any of the many current and old inquiries?) It has been over 30 days since his reported "passing" and yet the site remains fully operational and is still accepting orders, and even more importantly, processing funds! Funds that so far will not be refunded or be processed in exchange for the items ordered. (If my almost 2 year experience holds any merit.) The reason I'm posting this is, fellow hobbiests on other forums (and off of the forums) have continued to place orders from this website, with the same results. This is outright deception and theft. I do understand a reasonable time of grieving for the deceased, and time to "get things in order"but the site should be deactivated by now. I would ask that all members please spread the word about this company and it's operational website to other hobbiests that may have not been informed of this unfortunate situation. Yes, I am bitter, and have no use for theft or the people involved that practice it. Now that 30 days have passed, and they are accepting orders, processing funds, and still not replying to e-mails and inquiries, that is exactly what it is! :angry: Fury3

I know this is off-topic...

but Fury, your photobucket link doesn't work.