Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another Prostar Working (More Done 05-01-2014)

I got another one of these babies going......I started it a couple of weeks ago, but never could get into the groove, for some reason, but I've found new life.....Not sure why it's like that, but anyway......I've, once again stretched the frame a little bit.....Only one inch, as that's all that's needed.....As I've said, before, it's too short out of the box.....Just a plain Jane metallic blue, but Man, this is a good kit......

0221024x612_zps4db655e9.jpg

0031024x582_zpsdcd1a1c0.jpg

0251024x767_zps9e302ca3.jpg

0261024x645_zpsfbce9e6f.jpg

0281024x672_zps8538168d.jpg

I really like this engine.....As with the Lonestar, it just fits so well into the chassis, you almost don't even have to glue it in.....

Edited by kilrathy10

looking good JT, got a trailer to go behind this blue beauty?

I too would like to see the orange return..........maybe if everyone that regularly looks in the truck forum sent you a can of orange paint............. :D

Aww, Man....Thanks guys.....I consider it a privilege for you to view my work as a reference......That's why I post stuff.....Thanks again, guys......Glad to help.....

Be advised, though.....Where I cut it seems to be the only place to cut without disturbing the placement of all the peripherals....I think the only thing you have to modify is the drive shaft, but that's not too hard, as with this cut, you don't disturb the mounting point of the forward end of it.....Should connect up to the engine as kitted..... :) Hope that helps rather than hinder......

Got the interior done, now....Just like last time, I cut out the top to give a better view of the very well appointed interior......I didn't use the provided decals for this one, this time, though.....It was faster to paint it, as that was what the model in the instructions had done, and I think it ended up looking good enough........ :) Got a little touching up to do, but, I'm good with it.....

0041024x620_zps90ec1ae5.jpg

0081024x768_zps0d910025.jpg

0121024x754_zps9c8d3f23.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10