Model Cars Magazine Forum

426+6 Hemi Cuda

Fart Factory

the Stinkworks Facility has been hard at work on the most awesome Hemi, when we heard they make a six pack intake for the 426, we knew we needed to build one and drop that into a Cuda. or maybe a Superbird, still a toss up.

but when we decide it is ready to be dropped in the frame!

the motor is from the '68 Dodge Charger, the six pack is from the '71 GTX

thanks for looking

smell ya later!

DSCF9713_zps428364e9.jpg

DSCF9710_zps6c463c66.jpg

DSCF9709_zps1402087f.jpg

DSCF9715_zpsf5b1a232.jpg

HemiSixPack_zps1554b2f5.jpg

Edited by Fart Factory

That engine looks great!

What is the color on those headers?

thanks, i use German grey, tamiya XF-63. then went with some flat clear to really give them a chalky look, then painted in some black shadows with multiple layers of acrylic. wish that showed up better in the pics!

the Stinkworks Facility has been hard at work on the most awesome Hemi, when we heard they make a six pack intake for the 426, we knew we needed to build one and drop that into a Cuda. or maybe a Superbird, still a toss up.

but when we decide it is ready to be dropped in the frame!

the motor is from the '68 Dodge Charger, the six pack is from the '71 GTX

thanks for looking

smell ya later!

HemiSixPack_zps1554b2f5.jpg

Ed....multiple trusted sources have documented that Chrysler was planning a 6bbl street version of the 426 Hemi before it was cancelled, but I have never seen an actual photo of such a project.

Accordingly, I am wondering what is the background of the full size photo you show in this post? Does it say whether it is a modern-day recreation or does it claim to be a restoration of a test engine that was constructed back in the day?

In any case, your 1/25th scale replica looks terrific! Let us know once you decide to put it in a model car body - that ought to be quite the project!

Best regards....TIM

Ed....multiple trusted sources have documented that Chrysler was planning a 6bbl street version of the 426 Hemi before it was cancelled, but I have never seen an actual photo of such a project.

Accordingly, I am wondering what is the background of the full size photo you show in this post? Does it say whether it is a modern-day recreation or does it claim to be a restoration of a test engine that was constructed back in the day?

In any case, your 1/25th scale replica looks terrific! Let us know once you decide to put it in a model car body - that ought to be quite the project!

Best regards....TIM

I'm no expert at all, i believe they have been available in the aftermarket for a few years now. costing around 500-700 bucks.

http://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product_info.php/hemi-engines/intake-manifolds-and-hardware/p/hemi-dual-plane-intake-manifold-six-pack/cPath/150_160/products_id/6485

Edited by Fart Factory