Model Cars Magazine Forum

1934 Renault TN6C Paris Bus

Hi,

RoG's idea of making a kit of a typical London bus was not new.

About thirty years earlier Heller introduced a kit of a typical Paris bus. This kit has been re-released some time ago and should be still available today.

The 1:1 vehicle of Heller's kit was a ubiquitous part of the Paris cityscape for decades. It was a Renault design called TN that was introduced in the early thirties. TN4 had a 4-cylinder engine, TN6 a more powerful 6-caylinder for the hilly areas of Paris. Bodies with an open rear platform were used in the city areas, entirely closed bodies were used in the suburbs.

TN6 were in service until 1969. The only design modification in almost 40 years was made directly after WW2 when the half-open driver's compartment was closed for better wheather protection. The Heller kit shows such a modified vehicle.

I was not able to clarify when Heller released the kit exactly, probably it was 1980. I built my model when the kit was rather new, so after such a long time I cannot say much about the kit. I remember, however, that there were some fit problems of the bonnet parts. Apart from that I am quite sure that there were no major issues because I never had major issues with any Heller kit I built.

comp_RenaultBus00168_zpsba3da514.jpgcomp_RenaultBus00268_zpsf2c36692.jpgcomp_RenaultBus00368_zps0cc99930.jpgcomp_RenaultBus00468_zps8099a140.jpg

Very, very Nice work & rare subject... as mention Heller kits not always assembly/fit friendly! Got that one as a gift in original edition back in 1980, remember the boxart top was magnificent Indeed French Heller got this on out back circa 1978/79, pretty rare subject even back then.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments!

I really wonder why most modelers of all forums I know (American, British and German) have such little interest in busses. Kit manufacturers obviously know this and make almost no bus kits. Besides Heller only RoG dared to release two excellent busses (London bus and Neoplan). Regarding sales numbers, however, both were obviously failures because prices were reduced considerably afte r a very short time.

I would be surprised if we would see any further bus kits in the future.