Model Cars Magazine Forum

Garage Shop Diorama completed

I finally completed the Garage Shop diorama for photography. I chose to start a new thread because of the amount of changes I made.

i89176990._szw1280h1280_.jpg

This end contains a bench with mismatched cabinets above it. Assorted debris rest on top of them.

i89177079._szw1280h1280_.jpg

Here I've added a parts washing station and old exhaust pipes fill the garbage can Under the loft is a restroom.

i89176408._szw1280h1280_.jpg

The completed scene allows room for the vehicle to be moved for the best affect. I own an amplifier about the size of the one on the loft, and I know that I sure wouldn't want to haul it up that ladder.

i89471521._szw1280h1280_.jpg

I can now pose my models in a much more real setting for photographing them.

Nice idea.You might want to check how square either the restroom outside wall is as there is a slight difference between that and the outside support girder for the garage door track.Just constructive critisism from a builder with a real problem with straightness.Having a photo op dio is a lot of fun !

Thanks Tom. The restroom is actually freestanding as it was an afterthought, and I had to fiddle with it to get it back in there. I once worked in a tire shop where somebody had just tossed up a couple plywood walls to make a restroom and it didn't look much different than that, and is where I got the idea. Those walls weren't very straight either and whenever one closed the door, the walls would shake.

• 2 months later...

photodiorama-1_zps08fda944.jpg

photodiorama-4_zpsf681cdf2.jpg

photodiorama-2_zps0f1ed8df.jpg

I'm not sure there is such a thing as a completed diorama. There were some things such as brick with no grout and a floor that was way too clean, that were really bothering me. Secondary details such as a spotless engine stand had to be attended to also. So I can now call this a completed diorama until I find something else to work on.

• 2 weeks later...