Model Cars Magazine Forum

Surely this has happened to someone else...

JJ Deuce

Ever find a project you haven't seen in awhile? I opened this old Revell Corvette kit and found an extra body I had started modifying, probably 10-12 years ago. I thought it was among some kits I liquidated in the last year, so it was nice to find it still here.

As I recall, my plan was to build a phantom '69 Z06. I removed the "sugar scoop" window buttresses and started grafting in the rear window from a convertible hardtop. I opened the headlight doors as well.

5CA96D10-375D-4F79-971F-3EF50D9E52B6_zps

7D8435E8-BFA5-4C96-AA08-4DBDC1A2B1CB_zps

9AF2848B-2744-478B-81AB-550DA79C7943_zps

I need to get back to work on this one. I think will fill the t-top lines to make it a fixed roof coupe, and also try to build a set of pop-up headlamps.

Ohhh, you don't wanna know. I have probably a dozen models that have been started about 15 years ago. Moved through three states and still, they get taken out worked on a little and then get forgotten for a while. One day I'll get them all done.

Need a chassis to that vette? I've got a '68 roadster that I started building... and made it rusty... before I realized vette's didnt rust or dent lol

Sure! Can never have enough inventory. I've thought about building a rusted out vette before, just to enter in a show and see how many people get it. Lol

Jesse, here's an idea for you-Get one of the die cast Corvettes and make it a rust bucket.That'll make observers scratch their heads!

My mom brought me this painting from Hawaii. The guy weathers diecasts and then makes a digital background for him. I had a blue corvette at the time. I felt bad after I explained to her that they don't rust, but it's still a neat piece.