Model Cars Magazine Forum

MCW 1966 Chevy Biscayne kit.

I have the MCW 1966 Biscayne for a Police Car project in the future. I may just cut up a Revell Impala, and turn it into a Biscayne, since the MCW body needs so much work. I did a Caprice a few years ago, and the work concept is similar.

2010_05271966CapriceHardtop0018.jpg

66CapriceHT.jpg

2010_07101966capricefinished0020.jpg

I did this one from the Revell Kit. Roger Hayes mad me correct it during construction. Thanks Roger. I may will do a '65 Caprice 4-Door Hardtop too, as I have done my research. Maybe this year.

Edited by Ron Hamilton

Irony! I've been following this thread since I've meant to buy some of the Model Car World plain Janes. I was at the Mid-Atlantic NNL in Maryland today and what do you know... one of the dealers was selling a MCW 1965 Biscayne kit. So I grabbed it for $25.

I'm building the same kit as we speak. Mine will be a sleeper with the R/M 396 from the 66 Impala. I don't think the rear bumper will work from the 66 Impala kit. It has 3 taillights where the biscayne only has 2. I have already shot both bumpers with alclad and they look ok. The R/M chassis fits fine.

The other difference between an Impala/Caprice in 66 and a Bel Air/Biscayne involves the rear back up lights. On the Impala and Caprice, they are in cutouts in the rear bumper. The Bel Air and Biscayne have them mounted next to the taillights, so no holes in the rear bumper

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got my interior, body and chassis to come together. I needed to trim the rear package tray so that the interior assembly would snug up to the body, (I'm using the resin interior) as well as the trimming I have mentioned before. Its been a chore so far but fun. I'm not a rivet counter so if its not 100% correct, big deal, I build for me. If I could figure out how to post I would. I'm also not computer literate so the instructions from the host make no sense to me. Keep us updated on your progress.

• 6 years later...