Model Cars Magazine Forum

NNL-East personal challenge met!

charlie8575

All I have to do is install the mirrors, and we're ready to roll!

Mike Laliberte and a couple of other people asked me about this kit.

The good:

1. Body dead-nuts on.

2. Very nicely detailed interior with an intelligent, positive assembly sequence.

3. Looks GREAT when it's done.

4. Nicely-detailed chassis plate that looks almost Tamiya-like when detail-painted.

The not-so-good.

1. Remove the locating pins from the tail lamp lenses and glue them on (I used clear parts cement.)

2. The headlight assembly is not done well- very fussy. If you buy this for a kid, make sure you do that part with them.

3. The very soft, low-grade plastic was rather unsettling.

4. Rear bumper doesn't like to stay on- I'll probably end up gluing it in.

See the build here.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=88581

These are the completed pictures sitting on my Sho-Case base.

This is the side view. The Tamiya Maroon looks great on this, I think.

DSCF0039_zpsa4fffa5b.jpg

The rear with my home-made index card "decals," a Massachusetts "Greenie" license plate (313-IFD to give a nod to Chrysler's brochure license plate of late- the Detroit area code with the initials for their "Imported From Detroit" campaign,) my Masonic roundel (York Rite,) my DeMolay roundel, and two bumper stickers commemorating the "Boston Strong" movement (The 617 runner's tag is to denote Boston's traditional area code, the blue and yellow ribbon reads "Boston Strong" in 1:1, and is the colors of the Boston Athletic Association, sponsors of the Boston Marathon and in memory of the horror of April 15, 2013.)

DSCF0041_zps543284de.jpg

A front view

DSCF0042_zpscdf9b3f1.jpg

And now that it's 2:40 AM, I should get to bed- lotta driving to do tomorrow...well, this morning.

Thanks to all who cheered me on- see at least some of you at dinner tomorrow.

Charlie Larkin

Edited by charlie8575

Bravo! I knew you could do it! This is the kind of stuff that makes throwing NNL East worthwhile!

My wife once said that with all the time we spend running the show, I could have built a mess of models. True, but the time spent on the show is well spent since it's hobby time, and for the hobby. Very rewarding in the respect of lives touched, furthering the hobby and having more friends than I could ever count.

And besides.. it's much more fun making other people build models! :D And wait til you see next years themes!

Good to see you made it, Charlie! Came out looking good!

Saw inn the NNL East thread you explored the Wayne backroads ... too bad it didn't make the schedule this year as my wife grewup there and I have an inside track ,, ehhe

Good to see you made it, Charlie! Came out looking good!

Saw inn the NNL East thread you explored the Wayne backroads ... too bad it didn't make the schedule this year as my wife grewup there and I have an inside track ,, ehhe

I'm getting your phone number before next year, Mike. :P

At some point we're going to have to run into each other. Perhaps you can come east for Classic Plastic or MassCar. I'm toying with going to the Good Guy's show at the Big E. We'll see as the date draws closer.

Charlie Larkin