Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius `65 Plymouth Satellite

so far so good.

hopefully the grille / headlight surrounds fit to the body will be finessed a touch more

Agreed. Should be able to get a fix on that - always a pet peeve of mine when grills fit like that. Edited by Erik Smith

Tail lights will be chrome parts as seen on these test shots. NO separate lenses. The choice was one piece clear part and you add the chrome or a one piece chrome part and you add the red - Here's the test shot here with painted tail light lens - when you look at it I hope you'll understand why we chose to make them as chromed parts. The parts are not large enough to do separate chrome bezels and clear lenses and the narrow chrome dividers in the lens are very fine and would be a PIA to paint or foil - the chrome part is a piece of cake to paint as seen here! I've also included a couple shots of the grille in my built -up test shot. Far as I can see there's nothing wrong with the way it fits. A black wash would obviously help the grille This is not the test shot that I intend to spend a lot of time painting. Headlights have clear lenses with separate chromed reflectors - and still need to have texture added to lenses. Some lettering and some logos as well as some textures still need to be engraved.

001-L.jpg002%20%282%29-L.jpg003%20%282%29-L.jpg

Edited by Dave Metzner

I think that grill looks great! Nice tight fit surrounding it. I love the taillights. Id use Tamiya clear red, two coats will give it a deeper red, and perfecto!!! Now lets get em on the boat!

Edited by cooltoys1

Kudos and many thanks to Art and Dave for bringing some excitement back into the hobby. I look forward to every release. I'm definitely picking up a few of the Satellites. Ditto with the Poncho and Meteor.

Now, fer sumpthin' OT........when're youse guys gonna reissue the Jupiter 2 Lighting kit? I've got three J2s and could only find one lighting set. ;)

Not to be a nit picker but the red taillight is upside down. The curved part should on the bottom. As I said before thanks for bringing this kit to life and I will definitely buy at least three of them.......Jay

It always amazes me how you get so many "it should be like this" from test shot photos. Anyway alway liked the 65 Bel. any chance there's going to be a racing version?

Um, that's the popint of test shots, to see what needs correcting and getting feedback on it. :huh:

It's great to see those taillights done that way. Foiling those chrome trims in a separate clear red taillight would have been completely impossible. To me at least. I can't wait to have one of these on my hands (On my bench) as I can see myself building a Super Stocker from one of these.

I was on the fence over this model. I like the styling of it but wasn't "in love" with the car like some others. Seeing these test shots have got me thinking about a couple of different versions and this is on my "to buy " list along with the coming Ford Pickups.

Thanks Dave and Art for sharing the pictures and giving some explanations on the kit, much appreciated.