Model Cars Magazine Forum

What model subjects do you follow and/or ignore on this forum?

The subject says it all. Please answer both sides. What categories do you follow on this forum? What types of cars interest you or are not of interest to you? I don't recall this question or a poll on this subject before.

Muscle cars? Vintage classics? Old or new stocki? Drag? Funny cars? NASCAR? etc.

Edited by sjordan2

I scan through all the model headings, probably about once a month, just to see what's new. I've seen some spectacularly inspiring work in genres that I don't usually build, and have picked up a fair number of techniques too.

I've even developed an appreciation for short-track dirt and modified racing in 1:1 from seeing some of the fine work displayed in the NASCAR section.

I follow the car classes and the Pickup, Vans, Light Commercial , both On the workbench and Under Glass. I enjoy the custom build more than the stock ones. The ones I look at the least would be anything to do with racing and/or big rigs. I don't totally ignore these but they are what I look at the least. And like Harry the rest is hit and miss to me.

Follow closely: Big Boyz, Under Glass (cars), All the Rest.

Ignore completely: NASCAR, Drag

The rest, hit and miss. Mostly miss, only enough to "patrol" the neighborhood every now and then.... ;)

Harry says that because that's what Gregg wants and your opinion doesn't matter.

who's opinion doesn't matter?

Greg has dictated that NASCAR (as opposed to any other racing subjects) and a couple of others are here to stay.

In any case, I neglected to list my own interests.For my own personal tastes, l only follow:

General

On the Workbench

Under Glass

Car Kit News and Reviews

Diecast and Resincast

Big Boyz

How-Tos

Auto ID, etc.

For some reason, the trucks section is even larger than the general car section. Go figure.

Greg has dictated that NASCAR (as opposed to any other racing subjects) and a couple of others are here to stay.

Which is quite absurd--I see the need for NASCAR and Drag categories, but there also needs to be a general racing section, or an Open Wheel Section, etc.

Edited by Rob Hall

Which is quite absurd--I see the need for NASCAR and Drag categories, but there also needs to be a general racing section, or an Open Wheel Section, etc.

I've said many times that we need to have either a separate section for all racing types, or one "Competition" category for all racing models (that's the way I would do it). I think having a separate NASCAR and Drag section makes no sense.

I've said many times that we need to have either a separate section for all racing types, or one "Competition" category for all racing models (that's the way I would do it). I think having a separate NASCAR and Drag section makes no sense.

Among my subtle points.

Edited by sjordan2

I always check the General, On the Workbench, Under Glass, Car Kit News and Reviews, Car Resin and Aftermarket forums. I check for anything interesting in Drag and NASCAR. I also read Model Building Questions and Answers. Sometimes I check the Diorama section and Tips and Tricks.

I ignore all the rest, not building and trucks/commercial, or large scale stuff.

I like 60's drag cars, showroom stocks. I avoid nascar,todays top fuel, funny cars, pro stocks,formula's, indy's and all foreign cars. I don't do big scale , but I don't have room, nothing against them. I check resins, new stuff even trucks mostly all over this site. But Im a gray beard.

I try to read everything, but that doesn't always happen. Actually I seem to ignore the Trades and Wanted sections pretty often, but that's probably because I live here in Finland and trading gets way more complicated if I step in the game as we need to send stuff across the Ocean. :lol:

I follow Drag Racing Models, NASCARS and Car Kit Reviews-sections almost daily on here. They are my favorite categories, especially the Drag Racing Models.

What I don't follow that much is All The Rest, Diecast Models and Trucks-sections. Well, on those I visit in Trucks the most, but especially All The Rest and Diecasts are something I click on very rarely. However, this doesn't mean I wouldn't read the threads, because actually I do. Not just that often.

All other categories are being followed a couple of times in a week, depending on the amount of spare time I have. But especially On The Workbench and Under Glass categories are something I try to read through a couple of times in a week, others can be like once a week, too.