Model Cars Magazine Forum

Zz Top Eliminator

atenzapower

I am a great fan of zz top and hot rods as you know ,why should i make a combination of it.

I have the '84 monogram kit and is horrible nothing will fit ,the body is in two seprate piece ,but when i gleu the roof on it a than i will not been able to get in to body and the rear window,so i dont gleu it to the body.but i can detailing the interior and leave the roof of the body so tahn you can look inside.

I have made hood hinges for it to see the engine.And that whit mine to left hands,cost me a couple days. ;D

the 1/1 car

main.jpg

The box.

DSC02234.jpg

DSC02235.jpg

dryfit.

DSC02523.jpg

flokking the floor.

DSC02545.jpg

"Got me under pressure"The best song of them.

"Gimme all your loving"

I'm a big fan of ZZ too(listening to them right now). I plan to build the eliminator one day, but I'll be taking important parts from that kit(valve cover, air cleaner, decals...) and kitbashing with something more detailed. However, your's is looking pretty good, the hinges are a nice detail.

I also have the cadzilla diecast by Hot Wheels(pretty nice), and old resin body to do Kopperhed, a '62 Chevy conversion started with the roof from the '62 catalina(this one was started by a friend). I really need to get at least one of these started

I have the problem that i have to left hands and no thecnical vieuw ,but it cost my a couple of days to build hood hinges,but i did and i am proud of it

the body parts.

DSC02554.jpg

DSC02553.jpg

detailing the engine

DSC02556.jpg

DSC02557.jpg

hood closet

DSC02558.jpg

hood open

DSC02559.jpg

the hinges (dont ask:D)

DSC02560.jpg

When the real 'Eliminator' was stolen from thr late Don Thelan's "Buffalo Motors" shop, I felt such an outrage deserved a diorama. (some small tribute?) But Don passed away, and the diorama idea seemed like a bad omen, that might suggest disrespect for such a fine person. The car was never recovered, nor did any parts ever surface. Anyone here know who did the 'clone'?

• 3 years later...

I like ZZ Top just fine and 32, 33, and 34 Fords are great as far as I am concerned, but I never had any interest in that kit....after hearing all of the issues, I guess I did the right thing staying away from it. But I have a question....is it me or did I miss something here....is the decal upside down for a reason or did they have to modify it because of licensing or some other crazy reason? Or am I just looking at this after a few too many Bourbons on the rocks? Just wondering. Anyway, keep banging away at it....it is looking pretty good so far. :)

But I have a question....is it me or did I miss something here....is the decal upside down for a reason or did they have to modify it because of licensing or some other crazy reason? Or am I just looking at this after a few too many Bourbons on the rocks? Just wondering.

The decal on the left side and right side are different.

The left side has the stripe starting at the top on the hood side...

DSC02234.jpg

And the right side has the stripe starting at the bottom of the hood side...

ZZTopEliminator.jpg

The reason being is that if they were both at the top, the ZZ would be backwards on the right side.

Hope this helps... Now pass me a Bourbon and Coke!B)

I have always loved this car , I went to a car show once just to see it and when I got there it was in a horse barn surrounded in sawdust so you can just about figure what I walked into, Yea! the car was covered in about an inch of dust.

Well to say the least I had to go up to the owner and told him that I had come to the car show just to see their car and how disappointed I was at the condition of the car, Well with that him and two other guys jumped up and started polishing the car till it just shinned like a new penny.

That was a great day that I will always remember, that someone really cared about what a fan felt.