Model Cars Magazine Forum

2008 Dodge Charger Trenton PD Cruiser

TheCat

As I mentioned, I'm taking a break from building Muscle Cars and Imports to work on a few Police Cruisers... Currently I'm in the middle of building the Brick Township new Police Cruiser. While I wait on some parts to dry or glue together I'm already getting the other cruisers ready.

I always start all my builds by painting the bodies and applying any decals needed and cleared coats them. I like to get the body painting and detail out of the way so I can focus on the chassis and engine details and build the kits.

(NOTE: I've also prepped, Primer and painted the white for the Old Saybrook CT Cruiser.. Not photographed)

Here's what I've done so...

Working on building the Trenton NJ Police Dodge Charger:

wiptrentonpd01-vi.jpg

Using Lindberg's Dodge Police Cruiser, I've prepped and Primer the body. Masked out for the White section of the cruiser and applied the white yesterday.

wiptrentonpd02-vi.jpg

Today I removed the masking and tomorrow I'll mask that section to get the model ready for the black paint.

Painted the Black.

wiptrentonpd04-vi.jpg

After a couple of hours, I removed the masking and here's the finished paint work. :D

wiptrentonpd05-vi.jpg

Next would be applying the decals. Going to wait a few days for the black paint to dry well. For some reason Testor's black spray color takes between 3 to 5 days to dry. :huh:

• 1 month later...

Where did you get the decals from? I thought fender meant wing in US. I had always thought it meant the bumper but other day i saw some pics and they called the wings fenders.

Mines coming along well, apart from the BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH NYPD decal sheets i got so is on hold now. Put pics up earlier on another link

Where did you get the decals from? I thought fender meant wing in US. I had always thought it meant the bumper but other day i saw some pics and they called the wings fenders.

Mines coming along well, apart from the BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH NYPD decal sheets i got so is on hold now. Put pics up earlier on another link

Hi Julian - I bought those decals on eBay. Actually I used the incorrect word... It's not Front Fender... actually is called Front Fascia (in the USA). Fenders would be Wings.

Here's a picture of the Front Fascia of a real Dodge Charger

02.jpg

Felix your decals look super and I like how you did the back side windows.

Julian you are correct our fenders are you wings.

Thank you very much Dan

looks good. I started building the engine, not for the car but for fun, just to learn a little on a area i dont usually do. I looked at the same time, real images as i went along, then noticed a couple of errors that were different so i stopped. I wasnt sure if the kit was wrong, or a slight diff engine version used, i know extra cooling, batt and electric ratings.

Love your build, stage by stage im learning new things, esp as im not a car builder normally