Model Cars Magazine Forum

AT SPEEDER at the UFO Crash Scene!...Finished!

New Sides!

I cut out a piece of plastic to fill the side of one of the Feet. Then I traced it seven times for all of the sides.

DSCN1391A_zpsf200eae8.jpg

Here is the piece glued in place. Next I went ahead and glued the other seven pieces in the sides of the Feet.

DSCN1392A_zpse42b5454.jpg

More Coming... B)

Low Walkers!

Here are all four Feet with the Sides attached. They still look Very Heavy, like Elephant Feet...

DSCN1410A_zpsa07e590e.jpg

So using a cut-off wheel, I cut the height on the Feet by about 3/8 inch. Here are the New "Low Walker" Feet!

DSCN1420A_zps9b9d1dd7.jpg

More Coming... B)

Iron Toes!

I marked and then cut the excess plastic and Toes from the bottom of the Feet. Then I cut the excess plastic from around the Toes.

DSCN1449A_zps8637b527.jpg

Next I traced the gluing area of the Toes on to the Feet. I found it easier to to this on the bottom of the Feet.

DSCN1452A_zps4a1f0a66.jpg

Here is the Traced area cut out, ready for the Toe.

DSCN1457A_zps913bf229.jpg

Here are the Feet with all of the Toes glued in place.

DSCN1464A_zpse0aaaf8f.jpg

More Coming... B)

Shocking!

Almost forgot to replace the Shock Supports on the Feet. Instead of Cutting and Fitting the Original Supports back on the Feet, I made New Supports with Plastic Tubing.

DSCN1469A_zpsed837658.jpg

More Coming... B)

Long Legs!

After doing a little fitting, I decided that the AT-AT Legs were too long. So I used two strips of 1/2 inch wide tape to define the 1 inch section to be removed.

DSCN1430A_zps302e5dd5.jpg

Then I marked the lines to be cut and removed the tape.

DSCN1432A_zpsa8c98e9e.jpg

I used a Cut-Off Wheel to make the cuts. I always cut on the outside of the Line and I never cut over the Line. Next I use a sanding board the clean up the cuts right up to the Line. This was done to all four Legs.

DSCN1435A_zps823c17cf.jpg

More Coming... B)

New Legs!

I cut four Plastic Strips to fit inside the Legs. I glued a Strip in the slot in the Lower Leg. This will increase the gluing surface and give make it easy to line up the Leg Parts.

DSCN1440A_zps7af83297.jpg

Here is the AT-AT Long Leg next to the Chopped AT Speeder Leg. I and glued all four Chopped Legs together with Zap-A-Gap, Green Label.

DSCN1444A_zpsc273a1ff.jpg

More Coming... B)

Swing Arms!

The AT-AT supports for the Legs are similar to Motorcycle Swing Arms. Here they are attached to the AT-AT with the Legs snapped in place.

DSCN1529A_zpsa0d76171.jpg

After the AT-AT Underbody is glued to the Underside of the AT-Speeder Body, I plan on adding four BiG Off-Road Shocks!

DSCN1533A_zps8fccbd69.jpg

More Coming... B)

Body Mods!

After fitting the Legs to the Body, I marked half-moon Sections to be removed from each side, to clear the Front Legs. Then I cut the Sections out and sanded them smooth.

DSCN1544A_zps1630736f.jpg

I marked a triangular Section the be removed from each Rear Side.

DSCN1546A_zpse7d43654.jpg

Then I cut them off with a cut-off wheel.

DSCN1551A_zps100be6d5.jpg

Here is the rear after the Sections were removed and sanded smooth.

DSCN1560A_zps942c80a4.jpg

More Coming... B)

Big Butt!

I decided to change the rear end on the AT Speeder. The Big Heat Sink looks Great on the Snow Speeder Space Ship but it looks too Big on the AT Speeder. It reminded me of one of the Robots with the Big Butt from the movie "Robots".
So I traced the Heat Sink Shape on to some sheet plastic and cut it out.

DSCN1652A_zpsb464e4e7.jpg

After a little more cutting and fitting I got the new plastic piece glued in place.

DSCN1660A_zps26a7eb06.jpg

Next I cut two small pieces of plastic to fit on the rear sides and glued them in place.

DSCN1663A_zpse8e6968c.jpg

More Coming... B)

Edited by Ira

Arm Mounts!

I marked a section on each side of the rear to be cut off. They aren't needed with the New Rear End.

DSCN1667A_zpsc8fcb33d.jpg

I cut those sections off and I then I cut the ends off of the rear Cannon Mounts and glued them in place as shown. These are my new Robot Arm Mounts.

DSCN1678A_zps3e026c1f.jpg

Then I glued the two front Cannon Mounts under the Rear Cannon Mounts.

DSCN1711A_zps25ab254f.jpg

More Coming... B)

Rear End Details...

I noticed that this part from the Speeder has a Detail I would like to add to the rear end...

DSCN1683A_zps8aebf1d7.jpg

So I cut it off and glued it in it's new place.

DSCN1716A_zps326162eb.jpg

Then I glued the two ends from the Cannon Mounts underneath.

DSCN1717A_zpsd31327b6.jpg

More Coming... B)