Model Cars Magazine Forum

I'm not new, but I'm new here.

Just wanted to poke my nose in here and see where all my heroes went.

Now, if all of a sudden you guys bail and head back to the other board, then I'll know it's me.

For those who don't have any idea who I am, which might be an awful lot of you, here's the skinny:

Just the shy side of 45.

Live in Reading, PA

Build (when I actually do build) muscle cars, drag and street machine subjects...with the occasional light truck or street rod thrown in.

Two sons, one of whom is interested in the hobby, but currently a bit distracted by girls.

I'm a card carrying member of the CPMCC and MAMA, and also a member of Silent Traffic, but they don't have cards.

I'm also known worldwide for having the world's slowest T-Bolt project underway.

I'm going to take a stab at posting a photo just as a test.

GTOconvertiblec-vi.jpg?600318

I previewed it, but didn't see the photo, but I don't know the drill here yet. Tell me what you see, and I'll tell you if you passed! LOL!

John, I think Dan's screenname should be BIOP :)

Dan, glad you mastered the double-secret handshake so you could come in and join the fun :wink:

Second. :lol:

Motion passed! From this point, on Mr. Peterson (Note I called him Mister) shall be known as Mr. BIOP. :lol:

Just messing with you a little Dan. Glad ta have ya on board.

Just wait till Art hears that you're here. :lol:

Okay, for the benefit of those who don't yet have a reason to rib me about anything in particular...

I got all hot-and-a-bothered about building a detailed pair of T-Bolts "as delivered" from DST. The plan was to include a race car hauler and trailer. I even had a fictitious company name picked out for the hauler. I researched a hundred or more pages worth of text and tons of photos on the original T-Bolts...and lo...

Endless distractions and other lame excuses came up that prevented me from getting anything of any real substance completed. I talked up a storm and have yet to deliver. For this, I suffer a hundred deaths a year on the topic.

That's the dish on the T-Bolts--for now.

Lots of familiar names here from 'there'. I like the GTO and Camaro, Dan..what are the wheels on the Camaro?

The wheels on the Camaro are from the SnapFast Pro Street long Bed Chevy Truck that was out about 10-12 years ago. IIRC, the box art had a white truck with some multi-colored graphic decals. The rear tires are SATCO Pro Street tires, and the fronts are from the Camaro kit, I think.

I grafted the cowl hood scoop from the truck onto the Camaro, and fabricated the flares useing sheet styrene and a fair amount of EverCoat EuroSoft 2-part filler. Paint is Krylon Purple.

Dan Peterson is here? Okay, that's it. I'm leaving here too! (Now all of you who have never met me in your life can critisize my character, personality and my, obviously, dry sense of humor)

JUST KIDDING, OF COURSE.

Welcome Dan! For those who don't know, Dan is a very talented builder and his mini-me offspring can build a mean model also. And,,,,I may have to walk the M.A.M.A. plank for this,,,,,,,,Dan is now producing, each month, an amazing model club newsletter that is virtually, car magazine quality, for the Central Pennsylvania Model Car Club.

Welcome aboard, Dan.

Gee, I hope they don't think we're in a clique!