Model Cars Magazine Forum

1959 Cadillac hearse

So I have a question! Where can I find a1/25 scale model of a 1959 Cadillac hearse? I want to build a ecto-1 and I know that round two has a ecto-1 kit and I plan on using that as well but I want the hearse so I can have the opening hood and doors etc.?

It would be a simple matter of reworking an Ecto 1 or 1a body to hearse configuration. Ecto 1 was a Miller-Meteor built on the '59 Cadillac professional car chassis, and while it was an ambulance to begin with, there are very few differences between ambulances and hearses in M-M's case. Google for images, you'll see how readily a hearse can be made from one.

Art

Thanks for the advice but I don't want to build the hearse I want to build an ecto-1 and use the hearse as a donor! If it was an ambulance then did they ever make a 1959 Cadillac ambulance kit?

Thanks for the advice but I don't want to build the hearse I want to build an ecto-1 and use the hearse as a donor! If it was an ambulance then did they ever make a 1959 Cadillac ambulance kit?

The closest one would be the Ecto kit unless you can find a resin conversion somewhere for the Ecto kit. You could also try to raise the roof of the kit to make it what your wanting to build...Me Id rather have the Hearses...LOL...

So I have a question! Where can I find a1/25 scale model of a 1959 Cadillac hearse? I want to build a ecto-1 and I know that round two has a ecto-1 kit and I plan on using that as well but I want the hearse so I can have the opening hood and doors etc.?

There is no plastic kit, of a 59 Caddie hearse, with or without opening hood, doors, etc. I have seen an Ecto-I built, kit bashed with a Revell 59 Caddie hard top / convertible, chassis, engine, etc. The chassis had to be lengthened & modified, for the rear bumper. Then, you would have to cut open & hinge the hood & other panels, you want to open. It looked like a pretty intensive ordeal, not for the faint of heart.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think the ecto-1 kit lacks chassis detail and I think it could be a much better kit if it had the openin rear door so you could make some proton packs for the gurney open hood to show engin detail open doors ti show interior detail! Things like that, plus, I like to challenge myself hiw else do we get better!

I think the ecto-1 kit lacks chassis detail and I think it could be a much better kit if it had the openin rear door so you could make some proton packs for the gurney open hood to show engin detail open doors ti show interior detail! Things like that, plus, I like to challenge myself hiw else do we get better!

???? Why not cut open the ecto-1 kit? I've never built or even looked at the kit. So I don't know how good or bad it is. But I think modifying the styrene plastic kit would be easier to do than with a resin kit. I guess I'm a little confused on what you want to do in building a replica of the movie car?

Scott Aho