Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford F350 by Meng Models

Here it is , before I get on to the pics, let me give a real quick review of the kit of what I en-courted , up first, parts fitment is great, for instance, the side view mirrors and the spare tire are not glued in place, the detail is decent, I would say its about the same as a Tamiya kit, everything tell you get to the putting the interior in the cab do you not run into any real problems, the issue is the one piece side windows pieces, there is just to much excess around the window, and that interferes with door panel pieces, to get the proper fitment, you need to trim the bottom part of the window piece, just basically get rid of the lower excess plastic, and even then fit issues are still going to be there, so that is why I cut the piece in half , and just put the rear door pieces in . The taillights also do not fit flush, the only way they will is if you leave the chrome backing off. Also, the tires just flat plain suck, they will not stay on the wheels, any slight movement, and a part of the tire will come off the wheels. Overall, its still a very nice kit.

IMG_3285_zps85c100cd.jpg

IMG_3286_zpsc6ed1ef4.jpg

IMG_3302_zpsc9f99f4c.jpg

IMG_3288_zps3c6ec024.jpg

IMG_3289_zpsac1a6b20.jpg

IMG_3290_zps26b1ddbe.jpg

IMG_3291_zps6499591e.jpg

IMG_3292_zps32b17d39.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

Very nice finished product. The exhaust system looks to be the only part of the kit that appears to be really off with it being a diesel. That explains the V10 decals, the exhaust looks like a gas engine system.

Looks nice Jonathan! I like the white. Could a person use white glue on the tires to get them to seat and stay possibly? I noticed that the grill looks kinda laid back. Is there an interference with the inter cooler or something?

Very cool. Great work.

As noted above, the exhaust is wrong. Should have the diesel set up with a dual tip out the back (with cooling vents - these were pre-exhaust fluid but did cycle the "burn" to clean out the exhaust). Thank god they didn't do the awful V-10...

Going to have to fabricate the base model headlights for mine too...they have black plastic around an inset headlight and turn signal.

Bummer about the tires - aftermarket is going to have fill that void.

Edited by Erik Smith

very cool especially the detail of the tailgate with the step up bar/ handle!

I installed a backglass on a ford truck with that built in step in the tailgate with pop out handle very awsome feature!

made getting in and out of the back of the truck a breeze

Looks great Jonathan. You know I love these Ford trucks. I would like to know about the grill as well, can it be made to not lean back at the top?

With the V-10 decals and exhaust, I wonder if this is part of future versions. I had a V-10 in my 2004 model.

I have no idea why I put the V10 decals on the truck, I really was not paying that much attention, and then you would think that the close of up pic of the decal would of been a hint.

I have sense pulled it off

And for those that dont like the high US marked up price, there are places that you can get it cheaper.