Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cover versions of well-known songs

• 2 weeks later...

This just might be my favorite Pink Floyd cover that I know of.

Here’s a good song to listen to on a cold, rainy day. The Melodicka Bros have a cover series called Way Too...(Happy, Sad, Etc.), which is pretty much the opposite feel of the original song.

william shatner did a cover of david bowie's space oddity. yes he is talking throughout the song but ritchie blackmores guitar work sets the mood like no other. a must listen if you love guitar. don't have the link but can be found on you tube.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, afx said:

Cornell's last recording.

I heard this over the weekend. Kind of wish I hadn't.

I love his voice, but just don't like this rendition at all. 

Now, his version of Led Zeppelin;s Thank You, or Sinead O'Connor's Nothing Compares 2 U....now those are great!

14 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

I heard this over the weekend. Kind of wish I hadn't.

I love his voice, but just don't like this rendition at all. 

Now, his version of Led Zeppelin;s Thank You, or Sinead O'Connor's Nothing Compares 2 U....now those are great!

Edited by afx

1 hour ago, Bronzekeg said:

BB Kings the thrill is gone by william shatner and ritchie blackmore. the guitar work is killer and a must listen to for fans of the blues.

Is that from the new album, think I heard a sample of that on KQRS morning show this week.

does anyone remember this?

Edited by STYRENE-SURFER

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is now my alltime favorite version of "Lean on Me," performed by this year's America's Got Talent Top 10 finalists. Note that at least four of these acts aren't even singers, though three of them stepped up and sang a line or two in the spirit of the thing. Several of the real singers are absolutely outstanding. The older gentleman (the guy who spent 37 years in prison falsely accused of a crime before being released) might not be the absolute best singer in the world, but there is something very appealing about his voice and he often put me in mind of Louis Armstrong and/or Ray Charles. I hope his future is VERY bright. 

• 3 weeks later...