Model Cars Magazine Forum

Well, if Peterson can do it, I guess I can too...

Don't think you'd get away from me that easily do you Daniel? :(

Anyways, I'm new here too. Actually signed up a few months ago but never posted. I hope y'all don't mind me joining in.

Let's see if I can get this image thing to work.

Woodward-GT-010.jpg

Things move slowly here but I do build when I can.

I live in VA. I'll be 50 tomorrow. Been back in the hobby almost 4 years. Till then, hadn't built anything since I was a kid. I like Mustangs, muscle cars, street rods and customs.

A lot of you guys know me from another board. Thought it was time to join in. Those of you that do know me know I enjoy my privacy. That's why I hadn't posted until now. Didn't want to give out my real name. What the heck. There it is. Or at least it will be as soon as I update my profile.

Well, it's good to see you guys again. Looking forward to seeing lots of great builds. Maybe even learning a thing or two. :wink:

I'm liking what I see here. There will be more like us, me thinks.

For the record, I hold no malice toward the host or (as a whole) the board with which I've been associated for so long. I intend to maintain dual citizenship for the foreseeable future, but I do like seeing all the familiar names here that have gone scarce on the other forum.

For the record, I hold no malice toward the host or (as a whole) the board with which I've been associated for so long. I intend to maintain dual citizenship for the foreseeable future, but I do like seeing all the familiar names here that have gone scarce on the other forum.

Aside from the "new-ness" I think this board is just easier to navigate. Some other forums give me a headache trying to follow a thread. Besides, Gregg's been a buddy for a long time now. Hobby-wise, I support him every chance I get. fing02.gif

Plus you are who you are here. Nobody hiding while making smart-ass remarks.....comp16.gif

Love that Mustang 8)

Nice job getting the wheels into the wheelwells, I know what it takes to get wider rolling stock in the Mustang's ultra-narrow wheelwells. I had mine built w/in 36 hours of getting it when it hit. Call it pent-up demand :wink: Did you grind like crazy or narrow the wheels/tires?

Please, by all means feel free to join in and share more! Great stuff.

"C'mon in, the water is just fine".

Thanks for the welcome and kind comments guys. I share your sentiments Daniel and Ken, but Here seems like the place to be. I've stopped by from time to time to check out some of the work going on here. And hey, I missed you guys. :)

Oh yeh, I love this Mustang kit! Drove me crazy having to wait on it. I took the time to work on the wheelwells. The fronts weren't too bad, just some grinding. I cut out the rears and set them back about .125. As much as I could and still have the interior stock. Narrowed the differential and lowered it 3 inches front and rear. Wheels are 20" Pegasus with 18" tires stretched over them. Nice thing about those wheels is the way they mount it makes it easy to adjust the offset. Wish I had taken some In Progress pictures but didn't. I'll take some better pictures.

Well, I'll be here as time allows. Still have a lot to learn but it sure is fun!

One more thing, when you come across a good place to buy something is it alright to mention them here? Like a favorite hobby shop, resin caster or online retailer? Not talking about advertising, just giving credit where it's due.

Tony, the rules here are pretty darned simple, I think there is no problem posting where you have found good things. However if you were to link to the forum of another magazine you might get some grief :lol:

Your description of the Mustang suspension was like deja vu all over again :wink: I fit 19" Aoshima rims on mine and I was not going to let them sit outside the fenders nor sit up like an SUV. I almost used these same Pegasus rims on a Ferrari; I like the 2-piece design so you can easily paint the centers. Glad I'm not the only one who has stretched 18's over 20's :) My Mustang chassis isn't pretty, I only went far enough to get the job done. I was nearly embarrassed when it's chassis was photographed for another magazine and then I saw it in print :oops:

For repstock guys the Maisto '06 Mustang metal kit has some of the later 18" wheels that would look great on the Revell kit. Seems Revell chose the most boring IMHO rolling stock for the kit. And I really wish they'd at least make an attempt to decorate sidewalls in this age of not paying royalties :roll:

One more thing, when you come across a good place to buy something is it alright to mention them here? Like a favorite hobby shop, resin caster or online retailer? Not talking about advertising, just giving credit where it's due.

Tony, you shouldn't have to worry about getting dunned because you point out an obvious flaw in a kit. The facts are the facts, as long as you do it in a nice manner of course! :)

Unlike "somewhere else" you won't have the model gods swoop down on you because you dare to point out something seriously wrong with a model. :shock: