Model Cars Magazine Forum

Beemax Models Chevy Cruze WTCC

Beemax Models (of Macau China) with their Cooperative partner Aoshima are working on a Chevy Cruze that takes part in the FIA WTCC Series (World Touring Car Championship) , as of right now, no release date , but we do have a sneak peak of it

10291745_793321637345071_219620083539468

Edited by martinfan5

Cool...Chevy dominated the last 4 years in WTCC--the last 4 WTCC championships were won in a Cruze, 3 by the great Yvan Muller (now teamed w/ 9 time WRC champion Sebastian Loeb at Citroen) and one by Rob Huff.

Edited by Rob Hall

This is the first mock-up, so depending on revisions it's probably a 3Q release. One of the things Revell has "picked up" on with their announcing releases Quarterly is that kits seem to come to market a lot "faster" if you don't announce them until they're 2/3rds of the way done. This is not part of Aoshima's Shizouka Hobby Show display, but rather something they just dropped to churn up speculation and interest on their way out of the office for Golden Week on Friday.

Hmmm....

Well, it's got the LHD dashboard, that's the major part.

Everything else can be....massaged. Yeah, that's the word. Massaged.

Charlie Larkin

You would also have to rework the body, as its not a showroom stock body, as it has a WTCC wide body kit added, the entire front clip is different , along with a the rear bumper , here, this will give you and idea

http://custompinoyrides.com/2010/05/b-r-e-racing-the-chevy-cruze-project-the-buildup/

Oh.....oy gevalt.

I'll revert to my previous stance. If all that ground effect stuff is molded in, we have a serious problem.

Otherwise, it's still a handful.

Hmmm....may have to take a pass, at least on this version. Hopefully, they'll do a little closer to normal down the road.

Charlie Larkin

This is the first mock-up, so depending on revisions it's probably a 3Q release. One of the things Revell has "picked up" on with their announcing releases Quarterly is that kits seem to come to market a lot "faster" if you don't announce them until they're 2/3rds of the way done. This is not part of Aoshima's Shizouka Hobby Show display, but rather something they just dropped to churn up speculation and interest on their way out of the office for Golden Week on Friday.

As per Beemax's Facebook page:

1/24 CHEVROLET CRUZE WTCC - JUNE 2014

1/24 1991 ST165 RALLY MONTE CARLO - AUGUST 2014

1/20 McLaren MP4 /2 - DECEMBER 2014

I saw these race at Sonoma in 2012, was impressed how they dominated the field, especially against BMWs. Not sure if I would build one but glad to see these subjects come to market. There is a huge variety of kits available to us modelers so everyone has something to build!

I do not like race cars (by default), but I think I could make something streetable out of this. Say, if I cut back that front dam a little and dug some seats and door panels out of the spares box. And then of course, lost the monkey bars and bottles - I could call it a tuner.

I'm interested but on the fence for now. I feel the need to see the price tag and a review first.

Touring Cars, GT Cars (Tudor, Le Mans, DTM, V8s etc.) is what NASCAR used to be. Production based race cars that fans and the consumer can identify with. I will buy this kit and just about any other production based race car kit. And if I could make a suggestion why has no kit manufacturer produced one of Alex Zanardi's touring cars? He is a supremely talented and popular driver. And the things he has accomplished on and off the track since he lost his legs is an inspiration to us all. Please please some one step and make a plastic or resin kit.

Edited by afx