Model Cars Magazine Forum

Beemax Models Chevy Cruze WTCC

martinfan those links from april don't seem to work anymore. got any updated ones esp for the detail set?

I recently insulted the chevy cruze somewhere and I have to humbly take that back. this is one bad azz machine. I am guessing it has pretty much zero to do with the prototype other than general shape?

jb

martinfan those links from april don't seem to work anymore. got any updated ones esp for the detail set?

I recently insulted the chevy cruze somewhere and I have to humbly take that back. this is one bad azz machine. I am guessing it has pretty much zero to do with the prototype other than general shape?

jb

William, HLJ website is currently down, that is why the links are not working. I just tried to go there and got a 404 error , same with the links

I do believe the race car is based off of the street car with all the mods made to turn into a race car.

That's correct martinfan, the factory that build the racing Cruze is just up the road from here in the UK, They come in as road cars and are stripped out, seam welded bodies, rollcages etc right up to now customer race touring cars as Chevrolet have withdrawn support. They are mainly seen in the World Touring Car Championship (WTCC).

Ray Mallock runs his family business from Wellingborough.

His father built a range of lightweight sportsracers back in the 1960's.

They built the Nissan Zeod, an arrow shaped endurance racer that races in Le Mans series worldwide.

They do a lot of research work for many major vehicle manufacturers.

That's correct martinfan, the factory that build the racing Cruze is just up the road from here in the UK, They come in as road cars and are stripped out, seam welded bodies, rollcages etc right up to now customer race touring cars as Chevrolet have withdrawn support. They are mainly seen in the World Touring Car Championship (WTCC).

Ray Mallock runs his family business from Wellingborough.

His father built a range of lightweight sportsracers back in the 1960's.

They built the Nissan Zeod, an arrow shaped endurance racer that races in Le Mans series worldwide.

They do a lot of research work for many major vehicle manufacturers.

Thank you, my knowledge is limited on the touring car series , I knew they were based on the street car, but to what extent I was not.

Edited by martinfan5

• 1 month later...