Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 Camaro Pro Street and Twin Turbo Touring 69

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
25 minutes ago, Cien1986 said:

Your build inspired and motivate me.....

Actually iam thinking to build the green black strip camaro too....

It is such a coincidence.......

I was lost for the longest time on color etc.. im very happy i went this route.. its not a full green green color it has a grey in there..looks very different than in the picture..

Great stuff Ralph, really inspiring ! ! 

Your scratch built parts are amazing, glad this thread came up !  I'm building the same big scale camaro kit and its always good to nick ideas from someone else ! !   Shame mine won't be anywhere near this level but they sure are fun to build !

1 hour ago, Lowlife ! ! said:

Great stuff Ralph, really inspiring ! ! 

Your scratch built parts are amazing, glad this thread came up !  I'm building the same big scale camaro kit and its always good to nick ideas from someone else ! !   Shame mine won't be anywhere near this level but they sure are fun to build !

Thanks.. i been working on this for about 5 yrs now.. if you go through the thread youll see i scracthed built alot of stuff but i stopped and came back to the drawing board.. its almost done, but i changed alot of things on it.. i think for the better.

3 hours ago, Ralph Torres said:

I was lost for the longest time on color etc.. im very happy i went this route.. its not a full green green color it has a grey in there..looks very different than in the picture..

I believe finding the right color to please the eye is rather difficult.... 

Green is not my first choice too... i start with met blue years ago and completely strip it down... then after take some times i decide yellowis green or moss green please my eyes... 

55 minutes ago, Ralph Torres said:

Thanks.. i been working on this for about 5 yrs now.. if you go through the thread youll see i scracthed built alot of stuff but i stopped and came back to the drawing board.. its almost done, but i changed alot of things on it.. i think for the better.

I follow and read your post and amaze me how you can still continue build it regulary this past years...

Any tips on doing that? 

9 minutes ago, Cien1986 said:

I believe finding the right color to please the eye is rather difficult.... 

Green is not my first choice too... i start with met blue years ago and completely strip it down... then after take some times i decide yellowis green or moss green please my eyes... 

I follow and read your post and amaze me how you can still continue build it regulary this past years...

Any tips on doing that? 

Lol.. passion.. its been a vision i want to fulfil. I have restored real cars and the feeling is the exact same.. accomplishment!! So strive for that if you can...i walk away and just come back, reset, when things dont go your way.. dont be afraid to redo things.. thats my issue..i keep apdating lol... i been sick mentaly and this has been helping me recover..

2 hours ago, Ralph Torres said:

Lol.. passion.. its been a vision i want to fulfil. I have restored real cars and the feeling is the exact same.. accomplishment!! So strive for that if you can...i walk away and just come back, reset, when things dont go your way.. dont be afraid to redo things.. thats my issue..i keep apdating lol... i been sick mentaly and this has been helping me recover..

yeah... passion is the most appropriate word for that...

me too i just finished restoring the real 1981 jeep CJ7 

now i have  1955 Plymouth belvedere in my hand.... waiting....

in my place old american made car is so rare... needs luck to find one...

i love old american made classic car... specially muscle...

old is beauty...

2 minutes ago, Cien1986 said:

This colour is beautiful....

What colour is this?...

Mix it yourself or.... factory premix?

Any racing strip?

Its Tamiya AS-14 olive green covered with PPG chroma base clear.. t

It has a foose design paint scheme..Tamiya metalic black with a tamiya cooper pinstripe.

20171230_131155.jpg